PDA

View Full Version : gettin my 400 to ride with banshees

prnstr4life
11-26-2005, 06:12 PM
What do i have to do to get my 400 to ride and keep up with banshees? i ride with a bunch of friends with banshees and I am half tempted to get one....Always wanted one since i was younger.

any comments or suggestions?

Jimford
11-26-2005, 06:45 PM
banshees are cool but two strokes are a hassle sometimes. Plus you need to buy double everything for that twin cylinder engine. Plus they handle like dog crap. I bet everyone here will tell you to get a stroker kit.

Wandell
11-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Just get them on a tight track or trail!:D

whiteflash
11-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by prnstr4life
What do i have to do to get my 400 to ride and keep up with banshees? i ride with a bunch of friends with banshees and I am half tempted to get one....Always wanted one since i was younger.

any comments or suggestions?

the amount of money you would need to spend to make a 400 run with a banshee would not be worth it.....

you could probably beat a stock banshee, but once its modded theres a very slim chance.

if you want to drag race get a banshee........

smokinwrench
11-26-2005, 10:58 PM
I had a higly modded banshee before I got my 400ex. The banshee was the biggest piece of jnk I have ever owned. I will say it was fast as hell when running. Problem was it was borke down all the time. Always overheating, and tearing out 2nd gear. Plus it handled like crapola. In whoops a banshee front end will dive and the rear will try to out run you, this causes you to have to slow down to get it trackign right then accelerate again.

I have just a few mods on my 400ex and I would bet I can run with just about any banshee in trails or mx tracks. I will never buy another banshee.

deathmetal
11-27-2005, 09:26 PM
yeah and wrenches arent the only thing youre smokin either. the banshee doesnt handle quite as good as the 400ex however its far from crap. i own both and the banshee will run circles on the 400ex as far as power, dragging, hillclimbing, etc. the 400ex is the better choice for folks who dont want to maintain as much thats very true, however by no means do banshees sit and overheat, throw 2nd gears out, sorry but ive had a ton of banshee's and not once did i have that problem. if you keep an eye on the air filter, and you keep an eye on the compression, as long as you take care of it you wont have anymore problems than you would with any other bike. maybe if you leave it in first gear and putt around all day you might get it to overheat in the summer, but thats not what its meant for anyways. the honda is a great bike, but it would take a lot of money to get close to where the banshee runs stock. and when you put a pipe system on a banshee and rejet, forget it. also when you want to talk about mod for mod, there's not even a comparison. by the time you buy a pipe, jet kit, and cam for the 400ex, you could have put in a 4 mil stroker in the banshee with 795 pistons, and absolutely rip up any 400ex period. i put a lot of money into my one banshee and absolutely love it, its been super reliable, so im happy either way. anyways just wanted to chime in to give a real owner comparison.

smokinwrench
11-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by deathmetal
yeah and wrenches arent the only thing youre smokin either.

sorry but ive had a ton of banshee's and not once did i have that problem.

No need for insults I just stated the facts about my banshee and what I have seen. Beaver Dunes Ok holds races every fall at the beginning of Oct. This year during the mx race (5 lap) every banshee came in puking water.

So if banshees are so great why have you owned a ton of them? Shouldn't the first one still be running perfectly?

coryatver
11-28-2005, 10:21 AM
What kind of riding do you do? I am thinking you do a lot of drag racing and fire roads riding or sand dunes. If you do I would go get a banshee because they own that kind of riding. If you are into agressive trail riding or racing or riding on any technical terrain the 400ex should beat them. It is a totally different style of riding between a 400ex and banshee.

2_stroke_me03
11-28-2005, 06:30 PM
theres nopthin you can do bout keepin up with a banshee.even stock vs stock youll get beat....just work with what you got dont even try to mod your 400 that much

SHADETREE101
11-28-2005, 07:51 PM
any bike you push to its limit will break. i have all the stuff in my sig and still get killed by banshees. and now my bike is apart every other weekend. this weekend i exploded a forged clutch basket. who would have thought that the 400 would do that. i have mine outrunning some pretty fast 450r's and yfz's but not the two strokes. keep the mods simple and reliable. you wil enjoy it longer.