PDA

View Full Version : it needs to be shaken

XCredrider
11-26-2005, 05:59 PM
I just bought this LT80 and another one for $700. The one runs but wont run for more than a few seconds. It will run fine though if you shake it side to side. It will act likes it runs out of gas or is starting to and then when you shake it from side to side it will clear up and go back to running good for a few seconds and then you have to shake it again to keep it running. We have replaced the reeds (before we found out about the shaking thing), cleaned carb, and cleaned the plug but still it wont run right. Also put in a new air filter because the other one had about an 1/8-1/2 inch of dirt on it. I am going to put in new gas..... maybe water in it. And then readjust the carb i guess. I dont know what else to do. Any ideas at all will be tried!!! thanks in advance and sorry for the loooong post.

2muchquad
11-26-2005, 06:06 PM
your float level needs to be adjusted or your carb has a plugged vent tube or isnt getting fuel or enough of it.i have seen bad vents on the gas caps cause fuel starvation.kinda hard to ride a quad if it needs constant shakin,unless you prefer to ride whoops all the time:D make sure the petcock on the tank isnt starving the motor of fuel with a dirty fuel screen,i have seen that as well.:)

XCredrider
11-26-2005, 06:16 PM
ill go try those things right now. thanks :D