PDA

View Full Version : Needle Jet and wheel Q

TravEX
06-24-2002, 06:17 PM
2 questions:

1) When i was putting my K&N jet kit in i had a problem with the needle jet part, i got to it ok, and got the screw out of the slide lift arm and tried to unscrew the 2 screws on the needle plate, they were in there so tight i didn't want to risk stripping them trying to get them out,,,I went with the 170 main jet per the instructions (my altitude is less than 1000 ft) and it runs fine,,,,my question is, is it imperative that the needle jet be changed with this kit?

2) I ditched the stock wheels and tires and bought Holeshot XC's on Douglas .190's, when i went to put them on i noticed that the lug holes were a tight fit on the lug bolts, so i put the lug nuts on with the flat side against the wheel (cause the tapered in just digs into the wheel and doesn't center the wheel on the lug bolt), and after riding i noticed that the wheel wobbles up and down cause it's not centered on the hub,,,do i need to get a smaller size lug bolts and nuts to get the wheels to center, or do i need to have the lug holes drilled out?

Thanks in advance for the help,,,,

Trav

06-24-2002, 06:53 PM
From what I have been told by various dealers the wobble is not in the wheel and stud bmatch up. The douglas design is so that you turn the nuts over when using the std rims. They do have the wheel cut like the honda(concave so the oem nuts work) on the billet series.

FYI not all quads use the same style as the Honda.

TravEX
06-24-2002, 08:48 PM
o, so i should just leave the flat side of the lug nut against the wheel? i only notice the wobble on pavement, so i guess i can live with it,,,thanks

TravEX
06-25-2002, 03:31 PM
bump

Razorback
06-25-2002, 03:37 PM
yeah, use the flat side of the nuts. i put some lock washers to be safe.

TravEX
06-25-2002, 03:42 PM
ok, thanks alot,,,

anybody have any info on the needle jet replacement?

patrick delao
06-25-2002, 03:49 PM
the K&N kit is made by Dynojet and there needles HAVE to go with there mainjets you HAVE to use both because of the taper of the needle only fits the taper of there main jet. I just finished putting one in my raptor and called dynojet the same question. It made a big difference in my raptor, way more throttle responce
Pat

TravEX
06-25-2002, 07:29 PM
ok,,thanks alot for the info,,,i'll have to try harder to get the needle jet in then,,,thanks

well, i got to ride today and i put the lugnuts flat against the wheels, and i noticed while riding that the right front was the only one that wobbles, i picked the front up and had a buddy check to see if there was any slack in the hub, and there wasn't, so i'm thinking that it is in that wheel and tire, the next time i ride i'm going to switch the front wheels left to right and see if it does it on the other side,,,sorry for all the rambling and thanks for the info

06-25-2002, 08:09 PM
the K&N kit is made by Dynojet and there needles HAVE to go with there mainjets you HAVE to use both because of the taper of the needle only fits the taper of there main jet.
Are you sure? I thought that the K&N used the same numbers as the OEM Keihin jets. I am asking this because there was the 2 piece K&N main and I replaced it with the one piece keihin.

And you r not rambling but I would switch the fronts while you have it sitting on the grab bar and see whats up. If the wheel is wrong you want to try to get a replacement before they claim you bent it or something.

JUst use some flat washer and torque them down real good, thats how the yamahas come from the factory and they wont back off but you should be checking them every so often anyhow.

TravEX
06-25-2002, 08:23 PM
thanks,,,if it does happen to be bent i hope that RockyMountain ATV will replace it cause i've kinda scarred the lugholes up trying to figure out the problem,,,later,,,Trav