PDA

View Full Version : Holeshot HD Issues

Duke450r
11-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey guys, I have been on this forum for a while, reading and learning. But now I need your help.

I just put a new set of Holeshot HDs on the rear stock rims of my R. The machine ran smooth as silk before changing rear tires, and now it starts shaking so violently in 4th gear that it is scary, it feels like it is going to break the frame.

Checked the obvious things, lug nuts, hub nuts, air pressure (4lbs), there is no doubt about the beads seating, I distinctly heard 2 beads pop on each tire.

I always expect tires to be a little unbalanced, but this is just plain scary, there is no way anybody would have the nerve to open it up in 5th.

I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem, and if so what was the solution?

Thanks

G.D.

md1985250r
11-26-2005, 05:12 PM
It sounds to me like they are severly out of balance. Easy to tell , take the tire off of the bike and roll it across a smooth level surface. If its out , you'll see it. Never seen a wheel weight on a quad but I suppose it would work. Greg

fasterz
11-26-2005, 05:44 PM
your rim bent mabey? are the tires out of shape, sometimes they come all crushed and need alot of air to get round, put like 27psi in them and let them sit and then bounce them on the ground and put them back on and lower the psi, that helps sometimes

11-26-2005, 10:50 PM
like he said, maybe a bent wheel, put a lot of air in the tires and ride around, then let it out, c if it does it then

XCRACER26
12-04-2005, 07:59 PM
I havent had one problem with my hds.

speedfreaksguy
12-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Make shure your beads are seated all the way. Take the cores out of your valve stems and let all the air out. If the tire isn't seated on the rim it can cause a wobble.

journeyman
12-05-2005, 10:06 AM
no problems with mine either..only thing i can say is that they sometimes feel a bit shakey out of the corners

jeepnrocks
12-05-2005, 08:35 PM
If your quad was fine right before you changed your tires then you may have got a bad set. Double check the beads to make sure they are seated. I know it sounds sill but I hear them pop all the time and they still need to slide up over the bead hump.
I am sure you guys know this but be EXTREMELY careful when seating the beads on these or any other tires. You can get seriously F-d up!!