PDA

View Full Version : 400ex rear linkage help

kustomfab2003
11-26-2005, 03:01 PM
I need to know who makes a good rear linkage for the 400ex that will work good for wide open desert racing or GNCC style riding. I currently have a 400ex/Hybrid with Roll Design front and rear parts to inlcude Custom Axis shocks. Front works great, but the rear seems to still have some bucking and kicking actions that I would like to eliminate.

I know Elka makes a kit and so does GT Thunder, are there any others that you could recommend?

Thanks,

Josh

Chino886
11-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by kustomfab2003
I need to know who makes a good rear linkage for the 400ex that will work good for wide open desert racing or GNCC style riding. I currently have a 400ex/Hybrid with Roll Design front and rear parts to inlcude Custom Axis shocks. Front works great, but the rear seems to still have some bucking and kicking actions that I would like to eliminate.

I know Elka makes a kit and so does GT Thunder, are there any others that you could recommend?

Thanks,

Josh

I wanted to know this also, I was told not to use the Elka linkage with the Axis rear, that it wouldn't work. I have a custom axis also in the rear. Let me know what you find out.

11-26-2005, 07:35 PM
laz at gt thunder will revalve any rear shock to work with his linkage...you cannot use and aftermarket linkage with a stock valved rear shock(or an aftermarket shock that was valved to the stock rear linkage)

Wandell
11-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Sweet quad!!:cool:

kustomfab2003
11-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Well... I had not haerd about NOT using the Axis with the Elka linkage, but did hear about the revalving. I bought a Elka linkage, and will be having my rears re-sprung for the linkage. On the Elka site or the GT Thunder site it gives spring rates on how to get the linkage set right. As it stands right now, my rear was setup for a 205lb rider and I am only 165-170lbs so it may actually be just perfect...

I will keep all posted....

Quad is going in next week for a major overhaul with the following:

Athena 488 big bore
Hot Cams stage 1
Kibblewhite Stainless Valves
Kibblewhite titanium valve springs and retainers
Full port and polish
3 angle valve grind
Hinson clutch basket, pressure plate and hub
DP clutch plates and springs
Baja Designs wide ratio tranny
SFB billet oversize clutch cover
SFB billet ignition saver
SFB billet clutch cable retainer
Electrex 75w stator for lights
Trail Tech HID lights
Nac's 2 stage radiator
Lonestar Anti fade nut
Durablue rear hubs
Lonestar front hubs
Silver Maier Plastics
Clarke 5.5 gallon tank
Elka Rear Linkage
Precision Concepts Axis revalve for the rear

I think that is all, I have ran out of $$ at this point so that should be all.

OH yeah, a set of Asterisk knee braces to help my legs control all the new power it will have.

Chino886
11-27-2005, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by kustomfab2003
Well... I had not haerd about NOT using the Axis with the Elka linkage, but did hear about the revalving. I bought a Elka linkage, and will be having my rears re-sprung for the linkage. On the Elka site or the GT Thunder site it gives spring rates on how to get the linkage set right. As it stands right now, my rear was setup for a 205lb rider and I am only 165-170lbs so it may actually be just perfect...

I will keep all posted....

Quad is going in next week for a major overhaul with the following:

Athena 488 big bore
Hot Cams stage 1
Kibblewhite Stainless Valves
Kibblewhite titanium valve springs and retainers
Full port and polish
3 angle valve grind
Hinson clutch basket, pressure plate and hub
DP clutch plates and springs
Baja Designs wide ratio tranny
SFB billet oversize clutch cover
SFB billet ignition saver
SFB billet clutch cable retainer
Electrex 75w stator for lights
Trail Tech HID lights
Nac's 2 stage radiator
Lonestar Anti fade nut
Durablue rear hubs
Lonestar front hubs
Silver Maier Plastics
Clarke 5.5 gallon tank
Elka Rear Linkage
Precision Concepts Axis revalve for the rear

I think that is all, I have ran out of $$ at this point so that should be all.

OH yeah, a set of Asterisk knee braces to help my legs control all the new power it will have.

are you sure you did not forget anything, maybe the kitchen sink, just kidding sounds awesome, good luck on your rebuild.

PimpC
11-28-2005, 08:05 PM
and I thought I was going broke pimpin mine out. All I can say is good luck with it BALLER.:cool:

who did the engine swap?

Natertot426ex
11-29-2005, 10:45 AM
That is one nice machine. I wish I could have bought it when the guy had it for sale. Good luck on the rebuild.

Rico
11-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Screw the stage 1 hotcam, go with an HRC. That cam in that motor is an insult...:ermm:

kustomfab2003
11-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Screw the stage 1 hotcam, go with an HRC. That cam in that motor is an insult...:ermm:

Cam is actually a stage 2 as recommended by Athena, I had a typo listed above.