PDA

View Full Version : 400ex wiseco hotrod

schambergerst
11-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Is there anyone running a wiseco hotrod, or a stock crank with a hotrod rod, that is also running something other than a wiseco piston. I was looking at their website and it says that the hotrod crank/rod can only be used with a wiseco piston. This doesn't make sense to me. If a wiseco piston can be used on a stock crank/rod than why can't a stock or other aftermarket piston be used on a hotrod crank/rod.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-28-2005, 10:04 AM
on the regular stroke crank with a hotrod any piston will work. Wiseco was stated for marketing.. Now with the stroker crank you must use the CP piston designed for that as they have shortened the rod and changed the pin position for this application.

schambergerst
11-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I knew about the stoker crank and needing the stroker piston with it. But, I want to be absolutely positive with this, I can use a wiseco hotrod "stock stroke" crank with a JE Piston. Correct?

I had to ask because it doesn't make sense that a wiseco piston would fit on a stock crank/rod, but a nonwiseco piston won't fit on a wiseco crank/rod.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-28-2005, 10:25 AM
I can use a wiseco hotrod "stock stroke" crank with a JE Piston. Correct?

Yes you can...

underpowered
11-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
on the regular stroke crank with a hotrod any piston will work. Wiseco was stated for marketing.. Now with the stroker crank you must use the CP piston designed for that as they have shortened the rod and changed the pin position for this application.

yes you can use any piston with teh stock stroke crank and ANY STROKER piston with the stroker crank, it does not have to be the CP as long as it is made for the extended stroke. a buddy of mine has a +4 stroke with a JE stroker piston.

SHADETREE101
11-28-2005, 08:01 PM
i noticed that also when rebuilding my engine. ordered the hot rod crank and rod assembly. then noticed the asterick next to the crank which indicates wiseco piston only. so i got a wiseco piston and a je. the mic.ed the same. needless to say i am running the je piston on the stock stroke crank and rod from wiseco.