PDA

View Full Version : just watched Carpe diem 2

Jersey450R
11-26-2005, 10:15 AM
video is SICK! absolutely awesome.

Kerry Getz is doin a step up in a pitt about 10 minutes from my house. I thought it was pretty cool I was there that day.

HondaRacer300ex
11-26-2005, 10:19 AM
did you see him in person?

Hondadudeehhhh
11-26-2005, 10:41 AM
haha getz is the man. does he break any parts off of his quad like in the cky movies when he throws his skateboard? :p

Mxjunkie
11-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Never knew Kerry was any good, I'll have to hunt him down and race him for slips at Rausch :devil:

Jersey450R
11-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacer300ex
did you see him in person?
Yea, i was talking with him for awhile that day. I knew something was up when they were filming i just didnt want to get too nosey. We actually dragged quite a few times that day. I dont even want to tell anyone who won ;)

Jersey450R
11-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
haha getz is the man. does he break any parts off of his quad like in the cky movies when he throws his skateboard? :p
HAHA, I know he does throw his helmet as good as his skateboard. :p

DEAL
11-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Saw it .. awesome video .. best quad video I have ever seen.

TWISTED
11-26-2005, 08:37 PM
H BOMB IS GOING DOWN!!!!!

Jersey450R
11-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Saw it .. awesome video .. best quad video I have ever seen.
i just watched it again. It may be the best video out as of today. :D

Jersey450R
11-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Never knew Kerry was any good, I'll have to hunt him down and race him for slips at Rausch :devil:
you dont want a YFZ now do you?! :blah:

Dan_Guetter
11-26-2005, 08:48 PM
lol:blah:

LsMxRaCeR
11-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Did u see the yellow and blue yfz #727 if so thats cale downen and i was there that day ridin but i didnt get on the vid tho( i dont thank ) but yea i was there

Mxjunkie
11-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
you dont want a YFZ now do you?! :blah:

lol it'll get me around the track faster then the shee

shiftmx218
11-26-2005, 10:55 PM
best movie ever, bye akraix and hbomb especially since akraix did the same him song

JLanphear
11-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by shiftmx218
best movie ever, bye akraix and hbomb especially since akraix did the same him song

ouch....harsh.

I don't care about Hbomb, but I have no doubt that the Akraix vid will be sick. Many shots in the teaser were just completely insane.

Anyway I think it's like comparing apples to oranges. Sure, they are both quad vids, but Carpe Diem focuses almost completely on the "on track" aspect of the sport, where as the Akraix vid will focus on freestyle.

It's all in what you prefer.

I've got Carpe Diem, and will deff get the Akraix video as soon as it comes out as well.

Unbiased opinion, and I'm even in Carpe Diem 2.

-Josh

theTman
11-27-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by shiftmx218

thanks for that....i needed a good laugh today

hahaha bye akraix? ya...my ***

Jersey450R
11-27-2005, 07:14 AM
Why dont we try and keep a good thread discussion about Carpe Diem II and not flame on any video producers or companies. Its a great video so as are all quad videos. I love every quad video thats ever been put out on the market.

Pappy
11-27-2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
Why dont we try and keep a good thread discussion about Carpe Diem II and not flame on any video producers or companies. Its a great video so as are all quad videos. I love every quad video thats ever been put out on the market.

i agree, besides, everyone will buy what ever is produced so whats the point:p

jdwxv3
11-27-2005, 08:24 AM
I got , I liked it, I will buy the akirax(sp) and Hbomb to. So it don't matter. I just wish there were some more woods riding in the vids. But overall I like all of them. Another thing I wish we could do is turn the music down or off. I just want to listen to the motors and how the pros ride. Surely with todays technology a person could make that an option on a CD?:confused: I dont know maybe not. Who care just keep the vids coming EVERYONE!

infantry317
11-27-2005, 08:48 AM
I like it, but its all mx and jackazz metality stuff. Wes truly has filming skills far and above CD2, he spends a lot of money to produce an excellent product. Just look how grainy the picture is on CD2 vs. the Huevos series. Not flaming here, but their is still a lot to be gained.

I'm dying to see what Dan and the boys new video is gonna look like.

DEAL
11-27-2005, 08:53 AM
I like the fact that it wasn't perfectly clear and didn't have all this crazy editing and color distortion like huevos does. the video is more raw.

Dan_Guetter
11-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by theTman
thanks for that....i needed a good laugh today

hahaha bye akraix? ya...my ***

Hey Tman, here's a funny quote i found

By Billy Madison

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I just thought it was funny, now no one get butt hurt over it

JR3
11-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69

I wish that section with him would ahve been better more coverage on donny cause u see carry take a turn then they cut to donny hes going 10x faster then hucks that tripple come on now

wvspeedfreak
11-27-2005, 03:16 PM
I just bought Carpe Diem 2 Friday.I thought it was pretty good.At least they had a mini segment,that was cool.

Plante400
11-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
Hey Tman, here's a funny quote i found

By Billy Madison

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I just thought it was funny, now no one get butt hurt over it

hahaha that was on the tv the other day.. good stuff

shiftmx218
11-27-2005, 09:32 PM
hey guys excuse what was said earlier from my user name, it was one of my brothers friends, and he has not watched any other films except the premis ones, but yes everyone has there taste for vids, premis is more for the mx racers/simi freestyle, it sounds like akraix will be for mainly freestyle, and hbomb is your good ol classic taste of everything, i think they are all great, later kk

Premis
11-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
Another thing I wish we could do is turn the music down or off. I just want to listen to the motors and how the pros ride. Surely with todays technology a person could make that an option on a CD?:confused: I dont know maybe not.

Carpe Diem 2 has multiple soundtracks. You can choose to listen to primary audio (the default track), Audio with engine sounds (music level turned down and most engine noises added) and then Directors commentary. I know we are the first company to do that.

JOEX
11-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Premis
Carpe Diem 2 has multiple soundtracks. You can choose to listen to primary audio (the default track), Audio with engine sounds (music level turned down and most engine noises added) and then Directors commentary. I know we are the first company to do that.
Those are great options:)

I wasn't impressed with the first one but maybe i'll get this one.

black450r
11-29-2005, 05:47 AM
hey jersey450r where are you guys riding at. I have never seen that pit before.

jdwxv3
11-29-2005, 06:14 PM

Wow really, I did not know they had that option, frankly I just stoped looking. Thanks, I will check that out for sure. Later, Josh

Ralph
11-29-2005, 06:39 PM
h-bomb had commentary, the primary music, and really mellow music so ur not exactly first....

jdwxv3
11-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
h-bomb had commentary, the primary music, and really mellow music so ur not exactly first....

The way I understood what he said is you have the option to shut the music all the way off. And in my unbiased opinion h-bombs music was pretty much all I could hear.

Ralph
11-29-2005, 07:23 PM
but you also cannot criticise H-Bomb for using 35 mm cameras that do not pick up Engine noises. The quality of video is much better.

Premis
11-30-2005, 01:14 PM

I just meant that we added engine noises, sorry if there was confusion.

H-bomb uses 16mm film cameras, the quality of the picture is a little crisper but the actual film costs so much money that it doesn't work for the kind of film we make. We keep the cameras ruinning at all times so we don't miss anything, where as you would have to stage your shots if you shoot with 16mm film. We feel that takes away from the excitment and realism of the film. We shoot with arguably the best digital camera made (Canon XL2) this gives us a great picture and lets us keep the cameras on so we don't miss anything. We start with about 80 hours of raw footage when we make our films, although I don't know how much H-bomb starts with, I would guess it to be around 10 hours. This enables us to deliver what we feel is better content. Also keep in mind that H-bomb has a 7 year headstart on us and they used digital in the beginning.

AtvMxRider
11-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

I wasn't impressed with the first one but maybe i'll get this one.

I liked the 1st one.

wvspeedfreak
11-30-2005, 03:06 PM
I am just glad that there are more choices than ever for quad films.Hell,I buy them all anyway.Keep it up Premis,you are doing great.

urb'nyouthfilms
11-30-2005, 04:36 PM
it sounds like akraix will be for mainly freestyle

I think you will be suprised....;) there will always be a little something for everyone

Ralph
11-30-2005, 05:02 PM
I just meant that we added engine noises, sorry if there was confusion.

H-bomb uses 16mm film cameras, the quality of the picture is a little crisper but the actual film costs so much money that it doesn't work for the kind of film we make. We keep the cameras ruinning at all times so we don't miss anything, where as you would have to stage your shots if you shoot with 16mm film. We feel that takes away from the excitment and realism of the film. We shoot with arguably the best digital camera made (Canon XL2) this gives us a great picture and lets us keep the cameras on so we don't miss anything. We start with about 80 hours of raw footage when we make our films, although I don't know how much H-bomb starts with, I would guess it to be around 10 hours. This enables us to deliver what we feel is better content. Also keep in mind that H-bomb has a 7 year headstart on us and they used digital in the beginning.

I am not in favor of any company. I like the fact that there are more companies like yours giving us consumers more options to buy from.

My advice to you from watching the first move is this:

~ In my opinion, the whole "Impound and chase" scenes are lame as ever. I let it ruin the movie for me.

~ Too much repetative footage

What i did like:

~ It was more racing unlike endless freestyle scenes that other movies like to embrace

JOEX
11-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I liked the 1st one.
You're entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong:devil: :p

I disliked the first one because of the repetition and most of the shots seemed to last only 3 seconds. The only other atv movie i've seen was Glamis Gone Wild, didn't care for that one either.

I watched Dust to Glory last night, I liked that style much better:)

AtvMxRider
11-30-2005, 05:43 PM

I want to see that I have heard it is very good

CannondaleRider
11-30-2005, 06:24 PM
You're entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong:devil: :p

I disliked the first one because of the repetition and most of the shots seemed to last only 3 seconds. The only other atv movie i've seen was Glamis Gone Wild, didn't care for that one either.

That style took an ungodly amount of money:eek2:

JDiablo
12-08-2005, 08:39 PM
wow seen some teasers and what not,looks like i might have to pick this one up.

But in the meantime,check out this great offer.Only here as long as the fat man in the red suit is....hurry up and get a killer Christmas present for those who want to sit back and relax on Christmas morning with their new quad parts and new kickass DVD's from nowhere else except DrasticSports.com

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=196598 :macho

BLACKeR
12-08-2005, 08:59 PM
I like it, but its all mx and jackazz metality stuff.

im in!!!

JDiablo
12-09-2005, 11:05 AM
ttt:macho

Premis
12-09-2005, 01:57 PM
My advice to you from watching the first move is this:

~ In my opinion, the whole "Impound and chase" scenes are lame as ever. I let it ruin the movie for me.

~ Too much repetative footage

What i did like:

~ It was more racing unlike endless freestyle scenes that other movies like to embrace

You would definitely like Carpe Diem 2 then. We have heard a lot of people tell us the same thing about Carpe Diem 1 so we made a lot of changes, there are no acted out skits and no shot is ever repeated! When we made the first one we just went off what we thought it should be, now we are using feedback from that to make the rest of them even better!

FourFiftyFour
12-09-2005, 03:04 PM
You would definitely like Carpe Diem 2 then. We have heard a lot of people tell us the same thing about Carpe Diem 1 so we made a lot of changes, there are no acted out skits and no shot is ever repeated! When we made the first one we just went off what we thought it should be, now we are using feedback from that to make the rest of them even better!

Hey Brad, lookin forward to checkin out 2. You gonna be at the Pro Quads again this year?

JDiablo
12-09-2005, 10:56 PM
kabunkadunk

Beancounter
12-11-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
You gonna be at the Pro Quads again this year?

I will be there if they have them. Last I heard they may not happen this year.

daredevilearth
12-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Just watched the trailer for Carpe Diem 2 on their site. Who is the kid in it and what does he ride? It didnt show a lot of footage of him.

JLanphear
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by daredevilearth
Just watched the trailer for Carpe Diem 2 on their site. Who is the kid in it and what does he ride? It didnt show a lot of footage of him.

Joel (I think) Hetrick.

Not sure what quad he rides....maybe a modded 90 or something?

I might have to watch the DVD again to see for sure, but I'm sure somebody else will reply before I have time to do that.