PDA

View Full Version : holeshot xcr and a question

ExVillin400
06-24-2002, 04:03 PM
how are the holeshot xcr rears? do they wear down fast?

and if i put 21 inch front tires on my 400 would that make my stearing and different?

Pepto_Bismol
06-24-2002, 06:25 PM
I have the XCR rears and they hold up real well. They wear slowly. However, I've still had to plug my tires 3 times from runnning over stuff. Also, they are some pretty heavy tires, but for Cross county or trial riding, I recomend them.
Pepto :cool:

Ex'r Marlin
06-25-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by ExVillin400
and if i put 21 inch front tires on my 400 would that make my stearing and different?
You may notice more steering due to the front end being lowered some, which will add more weight over your front tires. This change, I would think, would be very minimal from 22" front tires to 21". Going from a 23" front to a 20" front and using the same rear tires will be very noticeable.

As for the XCR's, they work very well, but I do not know how to gauge the wear yet. After a few rides with them, I notice some wear.... But then again, I have been having the hammer down.:D

Note: The XCR's are a little bit smaller diameter than the XC's, which means they have to do more revolutions to cover the same amount of distance than the XC's.

ExVillin400
06-25-2002, 10:48 AM
so they would be like the diameter of the stockers right?

my brother has the regular holeshots and they are bigger then the stockers too.

Ex'r Marlin
06-25-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ExVillin400
so they would be like the diameter of the stockers right? The XCR's are very close to the same diameter as the stockers. And yes, the 20" XC's are a little bit larger diameter than the 20" XCR's and the stockers.

Pepto_Bismol
06-25-2002, 11:01 AM
Yes, they are the same size height as the stockers. The tires are 20x11x9 while the stocks are 20x10x9. The XCR's like I said have twice as much tread left than my stocks with equal riding times on both tires (5 months), and I ride on nothing but hard pack and rocks here in the desert. (Of course at the track it is a bit softer...but not much). So they should last you a while. At least I think I'll get my moneys worth..let's put it that way. Hope this helps.
Pepto :cool:

The only difference size wise between the XCR and the stockers is that the XCRs are 1" wider, giving you just a bit more stability. And they are much more squared off than stockers, providing more tire contact with the ground for better traction.