PDA

View Full Version : Problem with blaster!?!?

jb123blaster
11-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Ok i have a 04' blaster and i had to move so it sat around for a while and then i finally got it from my brothers house. It had sat for a good 5-6 months. I brought it home and we started it up first or second kick and it ran fine. I started to open it up, and when i wouldl open it up hard then let off of the gas or not give it that much gas it would slowly die with a "buuuurrrrrrrrpp" sound. And wouldn't start back up. Then after kivcking it about 20-30 times it would start up for a couple of seconds and die, if i gave it some gas it would just die quicker. Si i bought new spark plugs and tried to start it up and it is still the same if not worse. I also tried started fluid and it would crank but it would just die like before. Can anyone tell what is wrong with my blaster and what i need to order to fix it or what i can do???? thanks for any help:confused:

BLRacing619
11-26-2005, 12:22 PM
could be jets, do a plug chop and see if its running lean

zeppelin
11-26-2005, 03:20 PM
drain all of the gas form your tank and replace it with some fresh stuff. then clean your carb and replace the plug again, make sure its gapped correctly.

bcmx8
11-26-2005, 06:09 PM
clean out the main jet. just take it out and blow through it so theres nothing in it and then puit some fresh gas in it.

jb123blaster
11-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I have taken off the cyclinder head and now i have began to take off the bottom end tonight. But it doesn't seem to want to come off, I took the 4 bolts off and the left side will come off but the right stays glued, should i be worried or just wiggle it around untill it comes loose?

zeppelin
11-26-2005, 07:11 PM
woah why are you taking the motor apart, i doubt that it is a really big problem, just go do what was previously posted by everyone, oh btw the main jet would not keep it from idleing ;)

jb123blaster
11-26-2005, 08:03 PM
I am taking the engine apart because i am started to do some mods to it for the winter. I am going to be woods racing next spring and yea thats why, and also something was dropped down into the top of the cylinder head (spark plug hole) and then it got pushed while it was in gear and the cylinder moved so a peice of plastic (spray nozzle) is down in there and i am also trying to get that out, I piss my self off abt how stupid i am sometimes!:mad: anyone have any suggestions on how to get the bottem end off and find that pos peice of plastic, appreciate it

Tri-valleyracin
11-26-2005, 08:08 PM
the plastic shount be in the bottem end becuse there no way for it to get down there. look in the pipe. if it ant there then u night have to look in the bottem end but i highly dout it. look in the reeds too.

jb123blaster
11-26-2005, 08:13 PM
alright thank you i'll go try that now and i'll get back to u within 10-15 minutes.

jb123blaster
11-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Ok so i checked my pipe there was nothing in it at all, and i pulled my reeds/reed cage out and there is nothing in there either. Keep in mind that this peice of plastic is exactly like the spray nozzle that comes taped to the wd-40 cans. So im pretty sure it found it's way down to the bottom end, what do u think. And o yea, the bottom end is still giving me trouble it still seems to not want to come off, im running out of options!

jb123blaster
11-26-2005, 08:43 PM
O and zepplin i looked at my carb and it's super clean, the jets are all in great condition, could it be electrical?, the bike is completely stock and im about to mod it up, but after all of this im a little hesistant on what i should do or if i should move on to another bike?

jb123blaster
11-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Ok i finally got the bottom end off and the worst part is, i didn't get anywhere i cant find the plastic spray nozzle anywhere....I think it's ion my crank and i really dont want to go ahead and strip it down tot he crank tonight so im calling quites for tonight. If anyone has anymore suggestions please put some on here or go ahead and call me 706-247-4942 i really need to go ahead and fix this problem, lol dont just call to see if i pick up by the way im james.

zeppelin
11-26-2005, 10:51 PM
man i think your messing up here, if i were you i would get it running again before i put any more mods on it, that just throws more variables into everything. i dont see how it is possible for the nozzle to get into your bottom end but if your sure its in there just drain the oil and shake the bottom end upside down over an oil pan lol. oh i doubt its electrical but go ahead and stick a new plug ito the cap and hold iton the motor some where to see if you are getting any spark. good luck

jb123blaster
11-26-2005, 11:36 PM
See the original plan was to start rebuilding it, but in the process of trying to get it to run right i got the nozzle stuvk in there so yea im screwed, and after i get that out i still have to get my bike running good. But im not buying any mods or anything for my bike untill i have it running good for about a month. Thanks for the help zeppelin

jb123blaster
11-26-2005, 11:37 PM
If i get a standard 240 kit will i have to run race fuel or can i still run 93 octane?

jb123blaster
11-27-2005, 12:01 AM
Which combination (front/rear) sprockets will give me alot of bottom end/ mid-range?

Blaster x
11-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Do 14/38...Thats what im going to do

BLRacing619
11-27-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Blaster x
Do 14/38...Thats what im going to do

i have that and it has alot of low and high end power, not too much in the mid

jb123blaster
11-27-2005, 01:56 PM
ok thanks im looking for a crap load of mid though to.