PDA

View Full Version : every parents worst nightmare....

QuadJunkies
11-26-2005, 09:49 AM
I just experienced one of my Kids (my 8 yr old Son) take a very badd digger last night racing. He was thrown off his mini when his tire hooked up in a hole dug out in a corner FT racing last night . A few of the spectators said his head was drivin into the wooden side lines pretty hard head first and his quad rolled... I THANK GOD there was some fluff off to the side of the track .This was the same place I wrecked last year (carnage corner) were not sure if he was knocked out briefly, or if it just cleaned his clock GOOD!

I have never been so freaked out in all my life to see my child lay motionless:( I had night mares about it all night. I am happy to report that he is fine, in fact- he got up and finished his race ,he took last (was in 2 or third I cant remember) but he finished. Im so proud of my kids ,but DAYUM.... they are about to give me a freakin heart attack! :p

I have a freind who said she would send me a clip of it, I got all the race BUT the wreck, I was busy taping my Daughter and she was quite a ways from her Brother .When I get the video Ill post it cause I know how sick everyone is about Carnage videos..

THANKS GOODNESS FOR SAFETY GEAR!!!
PLEASE.. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMETS! :)

EDIT~~Heres the video

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=D2507B95-BE88-482E-A604-DB13B2FA2121

It all happened so fast that I thought he flippedit .. I guess it just slammed him pretty good instead..Still makes me sick to my stomach to see :(

Mxjunkie
11-26-2005, 09:53 AM
ah I know how you feel, we let my little cousin race his ktm65 and he had a kid land right behind him and ram him, they both went down HARD.. He got up walked around kinda like a little drunk man, he told me he yelled at the kid LOL typical in my family... once the track offical got his bike up he was off and ready to take another digger

It's like slow motion you dont know what to do cause they are so young :(

jwick07
11-26-2005, 09:54 AM
glad to hear he is alright. First race my dad went to, (i didnt start racing until I was 21) when I had gotten my 450R and became a contender I took it over the bars twice in one day and both times it was on the last lap on my moto and I was in 1st. He was so proud!!! He still makes fun of my today year and half later because I'm still chasing my first overall not just a moto win and that day I all but had it locked up and blew it.:mad:

QuadJunkies
11-26-2005, 09:58 AM
You know, the 1st thing that went threw my head was to think the Worst.. I dunno why it is,but since I lost a small child many years ago to an illness and I always have a small fear in the back of my head of something happening to the other kids . I think that is something I will live with the rest of my life,being a worry wart..lol
My kids love this sport and I would never keep them from doing what they love, we as a family love the sport . ITs gonna take some time to shake that vision of him laying there I think!

They race again tongiht :huh

luvmyex
11-26-2005, 10:00 AM
It has to be hard to see that.But as you know its gonna happen sooner or later.Especially if your racing. Just glad to hear he's ok. I give him big thumbs up for jumping back on it too!

QuadJunkies
11-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by luvmyex
I give him props for jumping back on it too!

So do I! We were a little shocked though!!! Kids are ALOT more plyable than us old folks!:o

funny thing is I had a gut feeling all night,they were all running like a bunch of wild animals! Thre was one moment when my two kids were fighting for 1st and 2nd place and I thought they were gonna ball it up!:eek:

Tommy 17
11-26-2005, 10:08 AM
i knocked myself out wednesday riding the 400... i don't remember much but my friends said they were screaming my name at me... i don't remember it...:o

TheFontMaster
11-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Good to hear your kids alright. I don't know how some people can get up from a crash and still race just as hard as they were before. When I crash, my flow is messed up for a while, haha.

yamablaster24
11-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Yeah im at the track a lot either racing or practicing and when i see a youngster go down it hurts. I watched a kid last year in a dirtbike go head first into a tree couple months ago over a whoops section and was knocked out for what seemed hours but was only a half a minute or so. So young and innocent...

I give your son props for gettin back on and finishing. Thats a winner IMO

QuadJunkies
11-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Good to hear your kids alright. I don't know how some people can get up from a crash and still race just as hard as they were before. When I crash, my flow is messed up for a while, haha. LOL.. Well his Flow was messed up.. He ended up in last place and was ALOT slower....

He just come up to me and said he was VERY stoked to race today, he acts like it never happened.... Sounds like a typical racer to me!! :p LOL!

His knee is a bit sore and bruised today but rearin to go!:macho

Ive got a video uploading on Streetfire from the heat race foranyone interested in seeing the 1st race of the night. Ill also have it up on my site, but I know not everyone here have IE. ;)

Hondadudeehhhh
11-26-2005, 10:39 AM
im glad to hear he is okay.

But just wait until he gets his driver's license :scary: i got mine about two weeks ago and on thanksgiving i got into a little fender bender from sliding on the ice into an embankment. Well i called my mom and told her i went off the road a little bit and i was going to be home a little late and she flipped. OH MY GOD YOU NEED TO GET HOME SO I CAN CHECK IF YOUR NECK IS OKAY! blah blah blah, and she calls me every ten minutes while i'm driving. That's moms though :uhoh:

Atreyu
11-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Glad to hear he's Ok:cool:

QuadJunkies
11-26-2005, 10:46 AM
well, this was the heat race not the Carnage race

My son is the Yellow Eton Viper ,my Daughter is the Blue Kasea to the back.... WEll she was for a short time that is.... :D

Vidoes just dont do justice, these kids were flat out Haulin! I am confident they would beat some of the adult last night, including myself! :eek: :o

Brandon had to working especially hard in the this class this year ,he has the smallest mini out there so he has to push it harder..

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=D7F37569-95D6-4DFC-B662-B3872217553F

jwick07
11-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Dayum she kicked a ton of butt great video

QuadJunkies
11-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by jwick07
Dayum she kicked a ton of butt great video

She pinched her brother off and took his line on corner three, but he gave her the goose just to let her know he was there...... :p

Those are all stroked motors ,my sons is still a modded 90cc so I would expect them to be hard to compete with .

My Daguther has a 114-116 stroker(still unsure of the stoke)

jwick07
11-26-2005, 11:13 AM
I missed that the first time (lol) good little tap there, I like on the last corner last lap he pinched that other quad down inside and drove around him high side to take second, way to protect the line!!

QuadJunkies
11-26-2005, 11:38 AM
they are fun to watch ,even though they give me heart failure at times ...:uhoh:

luvmyex
11-26-2005, 12:01 PM
thats too kool QJ! And it does look like they are giving it all they have.

JOEX
11-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Scary stuff Tina, glad to hear he's ok:)

Quad18star
11-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Glad to hear that everything turned out OK .

I've given my parents a few too many scares . Between being only a few minutes away from dieing , to them receiving a phone call from me telling them I just had my leg broken and that the helicopter was on it's way .... they both say I'm the reason they're getting grey hair . :ermm:

dober250R
11-26-2005, 06:17 PM
good racin in the vid!!! glad to hear the lil fella's ok. I love seein good racing like that, whether it's lil 90's , 450's, or even lawn mowers

QuadJunkies
11-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, Ill have PLENTY more videos up tomorrow of the whole wk ends race coverage in the racing and mini sections ;)

Tonight had a few more scares,but NOTHING like last night :)

QuadJunkies
11-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks Ginger for the video...

Heres the link :ermm:

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=D2507B95-BE88-482E-A604-DB13B2FA2121

I thought he rolled but I guess it just slammed him up against the wooden wall ...

QuadJunkies
11-28-2005, 01:39 PM
IE users can also view it here

Brandons wreck (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies395026.wmv)

wilkin250r
11-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
but since I lost a small child many years ago to an illness

Holy $#!+, this is the first I've heard of this. What happened?

AtvMxRider
11-28-2005, 02:44 PM
BUY HIM A NEW HELMET NOW!!!!!! Don't let him wear that helmet again if he has knocked his self out Tina.

redlineranger
11-28-2005, 02:49 PM
wow glad to see he's ok thats a hard hit... yes i agree with atvmxrider buy another helmet, you know how they are faulty after they take a good slam

Quad18star
11-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
BUY HIM A NEW HELMET NOW!!!!!! Don't let him wear that helmet again if he has knocked his self out Tina.

Mxjunkie
11-28-2005, 05:01 PM
sphew the quad hit that wall pretty damn hard :eek2:

luvmyex
11-28-2005, 07:15 PM
i can see why that scared the chit out of you. And even more supprized he got back on. Tough kid you have there QJ.

QuadJunkies
11-28-2005, 11:15 PM
well one thing I DO KNOW.... Hes Def. got a passion for racing! :p

this happened this wk end(Fri.) in the main . Im glad they are rearranging the motos a little so that some of the Karts can groom a little and they now out the kids earlier on in the race so the track is not so rutted up. :)

Yes- a new Helmet is on my list ;)

QuadJunkies
11-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Holy $#!+, this is the first I've heard of this. What happened?

He had Cardi -Myopathy.. Today was his Bday:( He was 4 yrs old when he passed on

fastbikes
11-29-2005, 01:06 PM
I am sorry Tina...But I know how ya feel....mine would have been 6 years old this year......:(

QuadJunkies
11-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by fastbikes
I am sorry Tina...But I know how ya feel....mine would have been 6 years old this year......:( Sure is hard isnt it..

Even after all these years I still have tough days . :(
Mine would have been 17!!

Sorry, I didint mean to turn this into a pitty party...

Anyhow, Brandon was fine and his quad is fine ..

Cant wait for the next day to ride! :)

BTW... Isnt today also Hirams Bday??!!!

fastbikes
11-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Yep...Happy Birthday Hiram.....

Brandon you are one tough boy.........

stiffy
11-30-2005, 11:58 AM
What a tough little guy. Your kids are great. I have a 6 week old ( 1st ) I can't wait to get him going on a little quad but I think I would be a nervous wreck.

QuadJunkies
11-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Congrats on the new addition Stiffy! :)

wilkin250r
12-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Sorry, I didint mean to turn this into a pitty party...

Pity party my rear-end. "Pity" is for weaklings, spoiled brats who's daddy won't buy them a new 450. You lost a child, that's a little different.

How come I've never heard about this?

QuadJunkies
12-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Pity party my rear-end. "Pity" is for weaklings, spoiled brats who's daddy won't buy them a new 450. You lost a child, that's a little different.

How come I've never heard about this?

Im not sure
I thought most here knew by now , I had brought it up a time or two over the years but I dont talk about it much I guess.

Sometimes people asks why I am such a worry wart...Or... "Why dontyou let you 11 year old race a full sized quad ?Well,this is only one reason why

I dont let my kids do too many things that they are not ready for and can do in a somewhat safe manner .Not to mention they ARE still kids and even tohugh they are growing so big :( they are STILL kids . I dont know what I would do if I lost another child, its def. very Devestating. It def. tested the faith in my marriage a fw times cause I was such a mess for a few months.
Seeing my Son lay there not moving gave me some flashbacks of seeing my son die ,even freaked Kelsey out a bit . My Kids are my life ....

Speaking of kids......

I just learned last night that Brandon still believes in Santa Claus! LOL I went to check my mail and fond a ltter to Santa in it :p I opened it up and read it and guess what he wanted for Christmas???

"to have a happy life"........That was it.....He asked for nothing else... Pretty cool for an 8 yr old...

Wow... Im such a lucky Mom :)

JOEX
12-01-2005, 06:14 PM

Speaking of kids......

I just learned last night that Brandon still believes in Santa Claus! LOL I went to check my mail and fond a ltter to Santa in it :p I opened it up and read it and guess what he wanted for Christmas???

"to have a happy life"........That was it.....He asked for nothing else... Pretty cool for an 8 yr old...

Wow... Im such a lucky Mom :)
It takes good parenting to have a child like that;) :)

AtvMxRider
12-01-2005, 06:37 PM

Wow... Im such a sexy Mom :)

We know;) :devil: