PDA

View Full Version : swingarm pivot bolt stuck

dave_noffsinger
11-26-2005, 06:45 AM
I'm tearing down a 400 EX right now and ran into a snag. For the life of me I can't seem to get the pivot bolt to free up and slide out. I've pulled these out of other bikes without a problem before but this one is not wanting to move at all.

I've oiled it, heated it, beat the crap out of it, and still it won't budge. I mean not even a little bit. It seems to be fused in there or something.

Anyway, any suggestions on what to try next? Also, if anyone has a pivot bolt laying around for sale let me know, lol. I was getting pretty mad at it so it's not going to be reusable at all, lol.

Thanks,
Dave

Scro
11-26-2005, 09:16 AM
More than likely, you will have to cut it out.

JDiablo
11-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Plasma cut it is your most likely option

motoman00440es
11-26-2005, 11:02 AM
look in the faq section there is a write up on that and it tells you the best way to get it out

dave_noffsinger
11-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by motoman00440es
look in the faq section there is a write up on that and it tells you the best way to get it out

Checked it out man...I tried all of that before I got to the point of cutting through the bolt. Just sucks that I've got it cut between the frame and swingarm, and between the casing and the right collar but I'm still stuck. I don't have enough room to get it cut on the other side of the motor without hitting the engine.

I'm seriously at the point where I'm looking at cutting the swingarm and just putting another one on.

I'm checking around for a stock arm if anyone has one that's reasonable. I'd even be intrested in doing a trade for those rims and tires I've got for sale if someone had a swingarm with the axel, hubs, and rear caliper already on it.

Dave