PDA

View Full Version : 300ex reverse mod problems?

BS300ex5
06-24-2002, 03:00 PM
anybody got any complaints on the herticks reverse mod or any suggestions on what to use. thanks guy i dont wannatake any chances on messin with my tranny.

06-24-2002, 04:42 PM
if u dont want to take any chances dont do the mod! YOu can easily blow the tranny doing it. And all it saves is like 1 sec every time its no big deal i wouldnt even bother. IF you do it while moving at all you risk blowin your tranny so i wouldnt do it because if anyone ever rides ur quad u could be scewed. But thats just my .02
killer

BS300ex5
06-24-2002, 04:57 PM
can u get an aftermarket perch and lever without doing it though

Lil90man!!
06-24-2002, 08:49 PM
Hey it won't hurt anything on ur bike its physically impossible to put it into reverse when its in gear and you can't put it into 1 or 2 when the reverse lever is up and it usually does make it faster cuz instead of lett'n off the clutch n makin sure ur in neutral and to push down the button, you just kick it into what u think is neutral n pull up on the lever if it doens't go up then its not neutral if it is whalla ur in reverse, like i said thou it won't hurt your bike the only way i can think is if you get goin really fast put it in neutral while its still rollin then put it in reverse but u could do that even if it had the button still there so i don't think u can hurt it

300exryder
06-24-2002, 10:15 PM
im confused as always -- what is the point of the reverse mod? I cant think of a situation where i would have benefited that much from shaving 1 second from my reverse engagement process. What is the problem with the reverse? I have never had the machine stall on me when putting it into reverse from a cold start (0-20 degrees) If you are so concerned with ruining something, just keep it stock

Ok, now someone can come in here and tell me that i dont have a clue as to what im talking about and the reverse mod is the best thing since sliced bread

BS300ex5
06-25-2002, 10:25 AM
anyways it aint all about shaving off the second or anything to do with time ... it is so that you can put an aftermarket cluth perch and lever on it and you dont have to mess with the big block on the handlebars

pbarr86
06-25-2002, 11:03 AM
ditto to what BS300ex5 said.

It's not about saving 1 second.

For me I wanted to get rid of the stupid parking brake mess on my handle bars and put on a new Clutch lever & perch. The only problem with putting a new Clutch lever and perch is what to do about that cute little reverse button. That is where is Reverse Mod comes in :D

Paul

Scott
06-25-2002, 12:03 PM
Mines a '00 and I swapped the bars, perch, and lever fro Renthals and a CR perch and lever about a week after I picked it up in Jan of '00. I've never had any trouble. I did this long before it was the Hetrick reverse mod. You're not going to grenade the tranny because you eliminated a little red button on the handlebars. It still won't go to reverse unless it's in neutral.

06-25-2002, 04:09 PM
bs dont listen. it wont mess anything up.
i used zipties to do mine when i put a cr perch on it.
its been like that for a while.
:rolleyes:

vinez21
06-25-2002, 06:35 PM
what exactly does the reverse gear cable do inside the tanny when the cable is pulled up