PDA

View Full Version : where to buy mini quad wheels?

dacunn
11-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Hello, I am buying my 3 year old girl a 50cc quad in the spring and our riding will be 100% dunes. I was looking at the eton today and liked it because of one thing, the remote control kill switch. I did notice something wierd though, the wheel doesn't have lugs, it's just held on by the axle nut in the center. Does anyone know if a company makes these types of wheels or who to call? I have to replace the wheels/tires with wider paddles so if you can't get wheels for it, I guess I'll go with the lt50 since it looks like a common hub style.

Thanks, Dave

markvette
11-25-2005, 09:19 PM
dont think anyone makes a wheel for the new eton 50. go with the eton 70 and you can get wheels from douglas or itp.

Mark

smokinwrench
11-26-2005, 06:11 AM
If anyone would know who/if they make wheels/paddles for a eton 50 this guy would.

http://jimssandtoys.com/

He also has the best prices on wheel tire combos you can find.

ATV Father
11-26-2005, 06:58 AM
You can contact Pappy on this forum for tires and rims or another good place is at Recreation Tire (http://www.recreationtires.com/)

LT80
11-26-2005, 08:18 AM
ya...A 3 year old ..what's wrong with this picture??
A 50 needing paddles LMAO!!
..maybe nitrous next.

:ermm: :confused: :eek2:

dacunn
11-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Thanks everyone for the info!

Yeah, she'll be 3 next month, but she already rode her sisters LT80 in the wide open sand with the help of some wood blocks for the floorboards, so she understands how to ride. The main reason for the paddles isn't to roost through the sand, it's because the paddles for mini's are a lot wider than the stockers, and in the sand, wider= more floatation, especailly when she's puttering around at 5 mph.

I guess I'll go with the LT50, the dealer here has a few 05's left for $1,300 that will fit her nicely.

Thanks again, Dave

qwadfather
11-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Just an opinion, but i think you will be pretty sick of all the sub-mini sized quads in a darn hurry. I realize she's 3 but none of the mentioned units will get out of its own way, much less turn paddle tires or go in sand. Same can be said of the little Dinlis (Dino I think) , Polaris Preddy 50, Kasea Skyhawk mini, to name a few more. Most of these can become downright dangerous when overzealous daddies start trying to make'em go faster as they quickly out-run their lousy suspensions. Shy away from the worthless small engine 4 strokes as well. IMHO, the smaller full-framed mini 50's with full suspension would be the choice. Skyhawk 50, Eton Viper 50, Unison Desert Cat 50, Extreme, Arctic Cat?, Tons of others. All of these lend themselves readily to mods as the kid grows. You can even turn one into a rippin' 70cc machine with very little effort or expense. I like the Kasea because of the foot brake which is more manageable for little fellers. Anyway, I hope I helped some. Ride safe. Ed and crew.

dirtmomma
11-29-2005, 09:25 AM
I would have to agree w/ Qwadfather on this subject!! we starter out w/ a LEM condor for our son a few years ago, it had the same type of wheels w/ just he center hole, we re-did the whole rear end to take a kart axle,wheels,brake ect. but still couldn't put wheels on the fronts, then we got hte Kasea mini 500 & had the same problem!!
We finally got it right LOL & went w/ the full size Kasea 50 & LOVE IT!! Our son is 6 he races it BUT we do the dunes once a year & I KNOW this little quad will be able to go on the sand WAAAAYYYYYYYY better than the LEM, LT80, or mini 50, we used to have to pull the LEM to the flat set sand so he could ride, he wouldn't be able to get thru the dry sand w/ it!!
WE weren't impressed w/t he LY80 w/ paddles either, for my oldest son the one time we did take it to the sand maybe he was too big but it was a DOG & it has a 105 kit!!

Kasea has REAL wheels, & you can put 8" ones on the 50 you can use blaster rear rims & honda fronts :D:D
Good Luck

LT80
11-30-2005, 07:47 AM
The 105 kit is 96cc's and yes, it is a dog!! :)

Personnaly, I don't see why anyone would help this guy.
"Almost" 3 or 3 is too young by most ppl's standards, and they are right!
"Wood on the pegs" This should explain all.
I recommend you read the ATVA rules and see how they judge a 13-15 year olds for the youth production class. It goes on about the rider sitting on the seat with their legs bent,feet touching the pegs (not wood), fingers able to reach hand controls and so on.
Can your 3 year old do any of that on a machine? I doubt it.

Sorry to rant. It's my hope that this dad starts to understand that this is not good.

Arctic Cat Dad
11-30-2005, 08:45 AM
lt80 is RIGHT. I think a 3 yr old is to young for a mini. Maby an eton mico 40 IF and I state IF the child is a larger child and has an above average brain. Not all kids are the same. Only the father knows his child. But to get a quad to go in the dunes it will have to have WAY to much power for a 3 yr old to opperate.

daconn I'm not preaching. I have no say in the matter! But consider the risk of a 3 yr old on the dunes with a pretty fast quad.I don't think a stock 40cc or 50cc will move in the deep sand in stock form.

My son could start and drive my quad and rode you everywhere at the age of 3 and a half. He was RAISED on a quad from the time we brought him home from being born. My wife would still not let me get him his own quad to he was 5. I finally begged her and she let me get him 1 when he was 4 and a half. Even tho we knew he could do it.

Getting the first mini is a big thing. we shouldn't rush things just because we want to go riding with our kids. There safety and their life should be thought of first.

I will probably get a negitive response from alot of people for this reply but I feel I have to say what is in my heart when it comes to a small child. And once again please don't take this the wrong way.

Sorry for so long!:blah: :blah: