View Full Version : Eagle Talons

Jake250ex
11-25-2005, 02:53 PM
what do you guys think of these cars? I might be trading my 87 Monte Carlo for this one. My motive is a) it'll be alot easier on gas b) I think i will like it alot more for many reasons.

I thought I wanted a muscle car, then i realized they dont turn worth crap, are heavy, burn a ton of gas, and gas is expensive. About the only thing it does well is go fast in a straight line.

Anyway, its on ebay. It has been hit and thats the only reason the guy might consider trading me. It has this damage picutred and it says it needs a new manifold gasket, starter and obviously this fixed. My dads been a body man so its no biggie getting it fixed but I cant spend a wad of cash just to have a ride again whether its cool or not. I might sale my 300ex to get it going if everything is looking good. I think this would be an absoulte BLAST to drive... 4WD, turbo, fast and low :eek:

heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-Eagle-Talon-Eclipse-TSI-LOW-MILES-w-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ4591820498QQcategoryZ6214QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

what do you guys think? yay or nay?

here are pics for you lazy sob's that dont wanna check out the auction

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/quadrider47/GSX1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/quadrider47/GSX2.jpg

TheFontMaster
11-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Even tho your dad is a body man, you do know that the damage on that car is not a cheap fix. You are looking at a new fender, door, and quarter panel, and there could be some minor frame damage. Personaly I will never own a car like that, I just don't like them I would rather have the monte carlo. But if you do get that car, and fix it thats good. Those cars do have some power behind them.

Jake250ex
11-25-2005, 03:17 PM
me and my dad bought my MC wrecked bad and did ressurection far worse that this. The dude who was driving it hit a fire hydrant and bent the left front of the frame back ridiculously far and basically destroyed all the front and left side of the body. It now looks and drives like new. Even if the frame is damaged he has a rack we can use anytime at his work. I am worried about it costing alot and taking a long time to get going.

jwick07
11-25-2005, 03:21 PM
It really doesnt matter what we think because in the end it is your money and time. So you have to make the decision. As far a parts I'm about 90% sure that the Mitsubitshi(sp) Eclips shares the same body parts with that car so finding used body parts could be easy.

Jake250ex
11-25-2005, 03:24 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had past experince with them or comment on their reliabilty, the way the run, availability of parts... ect.

blasteracer24
11-25-2005, 03:39 PM
i like talons but im more of an american car liker seeing as i have a mustang. but my buddies dad got beat by one in his worked lightening. im not fond of bodykits but its what ever.

WOracing
11-25-2005, 03:46 PM
personally i like the talons. and thats one of the nicest ive seen. id do it. i was looking at the picture and was like "that car is ****** hot" then i saw the other pic and was like oh lol

gun32boarder
11-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
[B]. I think this would be an absoulte BLAST to drive... 4WD, turbo, fast and low :eek:

heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-Eagle-Talon-Eclipse-TSI-LOW-MILES-w-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ4591820498QQcategoryZ6214QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

what do you guys think? yay or nay?

here are pics for you lazy sob's that dont wanna check out the auction

I say if can fix the body damage cheap and good, go for it. DSM are known for the good things and their bad qualities. First off all you will need an AAA card. Dsm's are known to break things and you will spend time under the hood fixing things.
When you go to look at it make sure you check the usual things and make sure the transfer cases are not leaking. If you can, pull the intake off the turbo compressor and wiggle the shaft. It is an old boosted car, if you know how, check the compression.
The good. These cars are very easy to mod. If you do it right they can break 11s and still be a streetable car. Also they handle extremely well if set up right. (Doubt on that car because it is slammed looks like it was dropped on cheap coil overs.)

Btw your link to ebay is not working

dirt308
11-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Start calling arond and see if you can get some prices from junk yards or other auto parts places in your area for the door and fenders and such.

Jake250ex
11-25-2005, 04:43 PM
I definitely dont want something thats gonna be breaking on me non stop. My monte carlo has been pretty good to me to be an old car and other than operator error there has been no problems with it and I still get frustrated when it has occasional little goof ups. I dont want to have a good looking car thats fast when its running but it sits in the driveway most of the time. I can get the $ to fix it no prob, id drop my quad in a heartbeat to have a sweet ride like that.

I dont plan on doing much more to it other than fixing it. I can only imagine how hard that thing would launch and pull through the gears.

Guy400
11-25-2005, 04:46 PM
I owned a '92 TSi and they're not as good on gas as you think. I was only getting in the low teens for MPG.

gun32boarder
11-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
I definitely dont want something thats gonna be breaking on me non stop. My monte carlo has been pretty good to me to be an old car and other than operator error there has been no problems with it and I still get frustrated when it has occasional little goof ups. I dont want to have a good looking car thats fast when its running but it sits in the driveway most of the time. I can get the $ to fix it no prob, id drop my quad in a heartbeat to have a sweet ride like that.

I dont plan on doing much more to it other than fixing it. I can only imagine how hard that thing would launch and pull through the gears.

Well there is a 6bolt in there, so it is not the original motor, but it does eliminate "crank walk" that happens on the 7 bolt(crank walk is hyped up but it does happen). The only real mod on there is the turbo back but that is not going to to much, 20awhp. the boost controler wont do much intill you have supporting mods like a piggyback and fuel upgrades, but you still will beat most of the cars out there.

gun32boarder
11-25-2005, 05:33 PM
also not to burst ur bubble but it is only front wheel drive.

stalefish_132
11-25-2005, 06:14 PM
we have 2 talons, one '91 turbo front wheel drive and a '93 turbo all wheel drive. the '91 we bought wrecked with 19,000km's on it and now it sits with 260,000km. the biggest thing the you have to watch is the timing belt, on the '91 it went twice once when still under warrenty and the way it sits now. we bought the '91 after it had been rolled the roof was level with the hood basicly. when it was all said and done we had about $2500 into the whole car.the '93 we bought just this summer for $2300 with nothing wrong except a few simple oil leaks. they go pretty good for what they are, one guy has a '92 in town and its about 450whp and its insane:eek2: from a stail still he can sit there and smoke all 4 wheels.mind you he has a 2.3 stroker, larger turbo, front mount intercooler and many more. and yes parts front a eagle talon,mitsubishi eclipse parts all fit. oh yeah we get about 25 in town and close to 40 on the highway.(all hard driving)
any way here is a pic...

PS: you can see the '91 in the top corner..

Jake250ex
11-25-2005, 06:58 PM
also not to burst ur bubble but it is only front wheel drive.

is it really? it says AWD in the descrition :confused:

anyway, if it is I just lost a whole lot of motivation to get it. :( Front wheel drive = not much fun.

and on the whole gas thing, anything is better than my carlo. you can look hard at the gauge ands see it drop when you stomp it -and im being dead serious

dirt308
11-25-2005, 07:12 PM
he probably didn't relize that they also come in awd. send the guy a message and ask for sure which it is. considering the amount of damage it doesn't look like it was hit that hard.

BlazingYamahaYz
11-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Some body panels are going to be hard to find. I own a 93 eclipse GS, and have had a few problems here and there. The turbo models seem to have quite a few problems. I definetly know electrical is a big problem...at least with my car. For some reason the door sensor went fubar, making all my lights stay on...and then burned out my door ajar light. I have probably $2000 into mine, but it does get decent gas milage. My buddy got into an accident with his 90 plymouth laser and spent months searching for a rear quarter panel, because apparently it's not made anymore and it's REALLY hard to find. Either way good luck, awd turbo's are fun as long as you take care of them.:)