PDA

View Full Version : hipers ??

tp300ex
11-24-2005, 09:33 PM
ok so i love the looks of thes rims but wat is awsome about these rims?? for the price they better be able to fit all my quads to come.....do u need a special tiers?
wats the deal?
thanks, tad

XCAdam89
11-24-2005, 09:43 PM
They are made in parts, so if you break a part of the wheel, you can just replace that part instead of buying an entire new wheel. Also, they are made of Carbon Fiber so they weigh practically nothing, and strong, and they just look freakin' cool! Hipers will be the last wheels you ever buy.

Honda
11-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Super Strong, Super light, and Super Cool!

Did I mention that they are Super Strong? :D

tp300ex
11-25-2005, 02:24 PM
im looking at thim and they look wider???

YFZ450Ridr
11-25-2005, 02:57 PM
what is so special about the bead lock on them? i never understood the concept of having a beadlock besides more durability.

11-25-2005, 03:40 PM
The role of the beadlock is to put over the edge of your tire so that it doesn`t go off the rim while cornering aggresively, and beadlocks are stronger too.

NacsMXer
11-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
ok so i love the looks of thes rims but wat is awsome about these rims?? for the price they better be able to fit all my quads to come.....do u need a special tiers?
wats the deal?
thanks, tad

Ever bent a rim before? I'm not talking ***** willow .125 or .160 rims but .190 rims or stock ones. I've bent .190 rims at the MX track soo many times. You basically get tired of wailing on your rims with a hammer to get them straight again. Your average rider won't be able to tell the difference in rims, but a serious MX or XC rider will appreciate the durability and forgiveness of the Hipers much more.

I remember overshooting a 75 ft spectator step up and landing flat from about 10ft up. My buddy was on his 400 in front of me and we were both in mid-air flight btw. I watched him land like a ton of bricks and I came down just as hard. He has Douglas .190's all around and bent ALL 4 of his rims simultaneously. My Hipers weren't even phased :devil:

You need beadlocks too to prevent your rims from getting blown off if you land funny or hit something. Mounting tires on a dual beadlock rim is the easiest thing too. I remember mounting my brand new tires on my Hipers in my bedroom when I got them with no other tools besides a ratchet to tighten the beadlock bolts, it's that easy.

Hipers are the strongest, most versatile rims on the market period.

duncan440ex
11-25-2005, 05:29 PM
quote from NacsMxer

". I've bent .190 rims at the MX track soo many times. You basically get tired of wailing on your rims with a hammer to get them straight again. Your average rider won't be able to tell the difference in rims, but a serious MX or XC rider will appreciate the durability and forgiveness of the Hipers much more.

I remember overshooting a 75 ft spectator step up and landing flat from about 10ft up. My buddy was on his 400 in front of me and we were both in mid-air flight btw. I watched him land like a ton of bricks and I came down just as hard. He has Douglas .190's all around and bent ALL 4 of his rims simultaneously. My Hipers weren't even phased :devil: "

i have the same prob i'm big 6'2" 250. itp 190 on front and they are shaped like a stop sign. watched my brother take a step up and bent a set of stock rims.

Sjorge450R
11-25-2005, 06:11 PM
I just had to buy I new douglas .190 rear 10" wheel for my 300ex. One race and it already has a split on the bead :(. My fronts are fine after 3 races I think that I am just going to get some beadlocks or mabey some used hipers :D