PDA

View Full Version : Anybody good at Science?? Need alittle help.

Matt37
11-24-2005, 08:24 PM
I am having a few problems on some of these Chemistry problems.

1. The mass of the visible universe is estimated to be 1.3 E123 tons. Our sun is known to weigh about 2.0 E30 kg. Assume that every star in the universe is about the same mass as our sun.

A. How many stars are there in the visible universe?

B. How many moles of stars are there in the visible universe?

2. The sun in our solar system has a mass of 2.0 E30 kg and is made up of 85% H-1, 5% H-2, and 10% He.

A. How many neutrons are in the sun in our universe? How many moles is this?

B. Assuming that every sun in the universe had the same elements as our sun, how many neutrons are in the visible universe

C. How many moles of neutrons are in the visible universe?

D.If you could use all those neutrons in the universe to make all matter into only C-12, how many C-12 atoms could you make 9assume an infinite supply of protons)?

E. How many moles of C-12 atoms would you have?

F. What would the mass of the universe be (in tons) if it was all C-12 instead of mostly H and He??

CONVERSIONS THAT MIGHT BE HELPFUL:

1 ton= 2000 lbs.

1 lb= 454 g.

I have like no clue on how to even get these set up.

Thanks in advance.

11-24-2005, 08:39 PM
7 years ago, i could have had the answers for you in a matter of minutes...now i can't even think of how to do it...give me tomorrow and let me see if i still have some of my old chemistry books around...now i know why i decided not to become a science teacher...

4oorider
11-24-2005, 08:55 PM
omg i hope the next 5 weeks of chemistry isnt like that for me:eek2:

Matt37
11-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
7 years ago, i could have had the answers for you in a matter of minutes...now i can't even think of how to do it...give me tomorrow and let me see if i still have some of my old chemistry books around...now i know why i decided not to become a science teacher...

Thanks man,

Just see what you can do.

yamablaster24
11-24-2005, 09:48 PM
god i hate chemistry
i took it last year

i know 6 x 10 to the 23 is moles.

XCAdam89
11-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Everything is in the book. Most likely the Lesser the Number of the problem, it is in the beginning of the chapter. Just look for bold words and definitions and that should help.

Matt37
11-25-2005, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by XCAdam89
Everything is in the book. Most likely the Lesser the Number of the problem, it is in the beginning of the chapter. Just look for bold words and definitions and that should help.

Na, I tried that and it just gets all confusing.

4oorider
11-25-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by yamablaster24
god i hate chemistry
i took it last year

i know 6 x 10 to the 23 is moles.

thats advogrados constant