PDA

View Full Version : Need tips

400exrules
11-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Hey, im racing in my first XC race this sunday, and i have no clue what to expect. Its a turkey run, where you race through the woods and punch holes in cards and stuff....kinda like a scavenger hunt thing mixed with a harescramble.

Fill me in on everything i should expect, do, lookout for, and how to prepare for it. Like, how much money should i take, what should i eat/drink the day of or the day before....etc. I plan to drink alot of water all saturday and on sunday. My bike runs rich with my airbox lid on, should i put it on? I dont have any goggles, i plan on getting some tomorrow, do i need tear offs? Will i have/need pitstops???

Here's the flyer for the race:http://www.memphismotorcycleclub.com/2005TurkeyRun.pdf

Just give me any info you have please so i can get prepared :)

thanks!

xx3003xrdrxx
11-24-2005, 08:27 PM
be prepared to wreck , you most likely will from trying to go to fast . Let the faster riders pass you , if you dont they will pass you anyways and run you off the track . Always have atleast 2 fingers on your break lever and this will help you incase someone infront of you wrecks or hasta stop quick

400exrules
11-24-2005, 08:42 PM
its gonna be interesting, cuz the last thing i want is to wreck, but i want to be fast, and do good. I just cringe at the thought of wrecking, and tearing something up. oh well, Christmas is coming, and its a better reason to get aftermarket stuff lol.
I dont know how im gonna like xc racing, so i havent purchased a bunch of gear. All i have are gloves, boots, and a helmet. Im thinking ill prob NEED some goggles, so im going to try to get some tomorrow. Anything else ill need?

11-24-2005, 08:45 PM
are you sure this is a race? or is it like a poker run where you can ride at any pace as long as you finsh by a certain time?

watts16
11-24-2005, 09:13 PM
dont wear jeans unless you want a chafed *****

XCAdam89
11-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Ride at your own pace and DON'T worry about winning. Worry about finishing the race, 2hours of riding will wear you out more than you think.

400exrules
11-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
are you sure this is a race? or is it like a poker run where you can ride at any pace as long as you finsh by a certain time?

im not really sure, someone just told me that its pretyt much like a race, and they have areas in the woods where you have to pull off the trail and find a punch (like a hole puncher), and they each have a different shape for a punch, and you punch your card and race to the next one....but they hide the punches in the woods, they just have the general area marked where it will be at.

400exrules
11-25-2005, 08:21 PM
*bump*

anyone have anymore tips?

im drinking alot of water tonight and all tomorrow to get hydrated

redrider9045
11-29-2005, 06:37 PM
DONT be scared to crash if u get up to the line and ur scared to crash ur gonna crash and be lie ten times slower ur gonan eventually crash but crashing aint SHAT