PDA

View Full Version : Remember the bambi's brother thread?

Pappy
11-24-2005, 12:36 PM
well here is his big brother:macho

JDiablo
11-24-2005, 12:37 PM
lol mmmmhhhhhh turkey :macho

Mxjunkie
11-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Hell yeah, Cant wait till monday, huntin season baby :devil:

nice cigg rofl

Admin
11-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Nice looking Buck!!!

2004exrider
11-24-2005, 01:01 PM
thats nothing:rolleyes: , just kidding nice buck! Still waitin to get mine.

Jimmy

Honda TRX250ex
11-24-2005, 01:05 PM
nice buck and gun

Pappy
11-24-2005, 03:53 PM
thanks!

at 2pm, the family was all stuffed with turkey and i was needing to get away for a bit:p

8 minutes after leaving the house i was back with my buck:eek:

wvspeedfreak
11-24-2005, 04:02 PM
I knew I should've headed over the hill with your treestand Tuesday :D

Congrats.That's a decent buck.:macho

Pappy
11-24-2005, 04:06 PM
thanks jason,

my brother is kicking himself also as i invited him to hunt today and the stand i wanted him tohunt would have allowed him to have a great shot at this big boy:macho

i had a sense something was in the bottom, so i slowly worked my way to the lip of the ridge. after a few seconds i picked out a doe bedded and then 4 others. they got up and i all most dropped the biggest doe when his rack filled my scope. they all took off and at about 150 yards he turned broadside offering me a shot. 1 shot, 1 kill on the run.

i might be getting old, i might have even slowed down a bit, but i will put a bullet where it belongs that you can take to the bank:devil:

Pappy
11-24-2005, 04:08 PM
and for those that appreciate fine firearms, that is my deer rifle. a Remington 700 LSS in 30-06

everyone i hunt with named it ATT.....

because i really can reach out and touch someone:devil:

cletusEX
11-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
and for those that appreciate fine firearms, that is my deer rifle. a Remington 700 LSS in 30-06

everyone i hunt with named it ATT.....

because i really can reach out and touch someone:devil:

That is one sharp looking gun. I have always liked the looks of stainless with the laminate stock. I have a stainless Ruger with the laminate stock (looks just like yours) in 7mm Mag that I have used the last 7 or 8 years.

Tommy 17
11-24-2005, 04:27 PM
pappy my mom goes... what doesn't pappy have at his house... hes got everything even huge bucks now:o :p :blah:

Pappy
11-24-2005, 04:48 PM
well, i have been trying to get ahold of neighbors to see which buck this is. its not the 8 pointer we have pics of from our game cameras.

tuesday, right after cody got on the bus, this buck walked out and crossed the road infront of her and 4 or 5 other mom's. lucky sob i didnt put cody on the bus that morning:D

im so stoked i could spit. its been awhile since i killed one this size. he has a 20 inch inside spread and weight 160 which is heavy for this area.

the check in station said it was the biggest buck they had checked in several years...so my head is in the clouds!

now, maryland season starts saturday and the farm i hunt has bucks that will make this rascal look average, not too mention i will be after my first sika buck with Cletusex later in the week.

happy friggon thanksgiving:D

trx400exat05
11-24-2005, 04:55 PM
pretty nice buck... lol u should try bow hunting more of a challenge! lol j/p im with rifles but my dad thinks its only close to equal and challenging to use a bow.... oh well lol

Pappy
11-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by trx400exat05
pretty nice buck... lol u should try bow hunting more of a challenge! lol j/p im with rifles but my dad thinks its only close to equal and challenging to use a bow.... oh well lol

ive killed over 35 bucks with a bow included 2 that score over 140 :p

Honda TRX250ex
11-24-2005, 05:04 PM
ive killed over 35 bucks with a bow included 2 that score over 140 :p
rofl you monster!:blah:

Pappy
11-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
rofl you monster!:blah:

if killing paid well id have my profession for life. but they dont pay a grunt enough to stay in so now i take my training out on deer:devil: it aint the same drilling a deer as a person, but i cant mount a raghead on the wall:D

Honda TRX250ex
11-24-2005, 05:20 PM
if killing paid well id have my profession for life. but they dont pay a grunt enough to stay in so now i take my training out on deer:devil: it aint the same drilling a deer as a person, but i cant mount a raghead on the wall:D
ohh i bet you can mount a raghead on the wall but who would want to see that ugly thing up on a wall anyway:blah:

hondardr4life
11-24-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm glad you said what kind of gun that was. I was trying to figure it out. I was thinking Ruger, but I want sure. Deer season starts Monday here. I can't wait. I have a pre 1964 Winchester Model 70 .270. I don't know if any of you guys know a lot about guns, but that one is a classic, I am proud of it, lol. My grandpa bought it in like the 50's and used it for a long time, then gave it to my dad to shoot his first deer with, then my dad gave it to me to shoot mine with. I shot a nice 9 point 2 years ago, but last year, i shot a 2 point half rack that I thought was a doe, lol. Hopefully I get a big one this year.

BTW, very nice deer

Pappy
11-24-2005, 05:52 PM
my dad carried a model 70 winchester his first tour in vietnam. im sure if he were alive today he would agre it does a great job of putting rounds on target!:devil:

hondardr4life
11-24-2005, 06:02 PM
my dad carried a model 70 winchester his first tour in vietnam. im sure if he were alive today he would agre it does a great job of putting rounds on target!:devil:

hahaha, yea it is a prettty nice gun. I'm pumped for deer season though. Anyone else on here hunt ducks?? I'm a huge duck hunter, lol.

Pappy
11-24-2005, 06:34 PM
if it can be eaten i will hunt it:devil:

redlineranger
11-25-2005, 06:31 PM
nice lookin buck there pappy.... we were runnin dogs at my club earlier, and dad and my lil brother had seen a buck that the dogs had jumped and the deer crossed the road and sat down in thick planted pines.... so some1 hollered over the CB and said turn another pack loose, well this one guy went to shoot but had is safety on and the deer was headin right for us full speed:devil: ..

unfortunately though dad tried to shoot at him while he was runnin at about 30 mph with a single shot .243, i was shootin with my browning 12 gauge, and i shot once then the dam thing jammed on me... pissed me off but its all good, i road over to the farthest side of the club where someone said they seen a wallhanger, and i counted 8 different buck tracks...... ive been sittin there every afternoon and it hasnt paid off yet, but wait til the rut comes in:devil:

wow sorry that got so long, i just had a excitin day of huntin thats all

400exrules
11-25-2005, 07:16 PM
if it can be eaten i will hunt it:devil:

mmmmm anything can be eaten...........it just might not all taste good lol:blah:

Jake250ex
11-25-2005, 11:57 PM
bill ballance gained some weight :ermm:

and his gun is blowing flames..

dopeyferree
11-26-2005, 05:48 AM
I took off work all week and hunted all week and didnt see a thing, so Friday afternoon I changed locations by about 120 miles and had 2 bucks on the ground within 2 hours. Not as big as pappys but if you put the racks together it may be close, but plenty of meat is on the way(As soon as it gets back from the processor)

redlineranger
11-26-2005, 08:49 AM
i sat in this one bottom the last week of our season last year(peak rut), and it was surrounded by a good bit of pines, hardwood trees, and a branch ran right threw the middle of it.... anyways i had does come out on me but the wall hanger never stepped out.....well here we are the first week of season and my one friend has killed 3 rack bucks out of the same bottom..... two 7 points and one 8 point... killed one the 3rd day of season and the next day killed the other 7 point and 8 point.. dam him lol

luvmyex
11-26-2005, 10:07 AM
Nice buck pappy! Looks like your about to celebrate too :cool:

Pappy
11-26-2005, 06:14 PM
killed another small buck today, thats all i seen and i put him down

DEAL
11-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Your a monster :( wait till I call PETA ..
hahaha jj
Congradulations.

Pappy
11-26-2005, 06:19 PM
go ahead and call PETA, they have no taken up my offer to skull **** teh CEO of that organization the past 15 years so maybe you can get them to reply:eek:

Honda TRX250ex
11-26-2005, 06:22 PM
whats that, its moving.... shoot it!
its dinner!:devil:

luvmyex
11-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Well seeing you have so much now. When you do my frame you can send me a tenderlion back with it :devil:

hondardr4life
11-26-2005, 06:56 PM
go ahead and call PETA, they have no taken up my offer to skull **** teh CEO of that organization the past 15 years so maybe you can get them to reply:eek:

LMAO, I am going to skip the first day of Buck season, walk out into the woods, find the biggest tree i can, and just hug it for about 5 hours.

J/k. If its brown its down!!!! (and my motto for ducks) if it flies it dies!!

Honda TRX250ex
11-26-2005, 10:06 PM
pappy pappy hes are man if he cant do it no one can!
i hate tree huggers with a passion

DEAL
11-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
LMAO, I am going to skip the first day of Buck season, walk out into the woods, find the biggest tree i can, and just hug it for about 5 hours.

J/k. If its brown its down!!!! (and my motto for ducks) if it flies it dies!!

Don't hug it too hard .. you might damage the bark and be in more ****

Honda TRX250ex
11-27-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by DEAL
Don't hug it too hard .. you might damage the bark and be in more ****
haha