PDA

View Full Version : Removing choke - Bad for trails riding??

Dizing400ex
11-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Hey guys,

I think im going to be removing the choke while i am rejetting the 400. I also read a thread on here that recommended the 42 pilot jet when removing the choke.

The only thing im concerned about is will it be running to rich when putting down the trails?

thanks,
Dustin

11-24-2005, 11:57 AM
dont remove the choke! i did it and it doesent do sh*t, and then when its colder out itsa b*tch to start.

tprender
11-24-2005, 12:03 PM
I did the chock and went with the 45 pilot. If you have the stock CDI it will not make it to hard to start in cold weather. I had no problem with mine with all the different types of riding that I did. I think that it made a very small difference, but not very much. It's one of those mod's that you have a hard time felling the difference.

2004exrider
11-24-2005, 12:39 PM
not worth it, it would be fine though if you did.

Jimmy

Dizing400ex
11-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks guys,

I decided i wont go with the choke because here in Johnstown its 15 degrees right now and i wouldnt be confident of the 400 starting in this weather without choke and the WB CDI....

If you have some spare time, search "choke remove" or "choke removal" and read the threads it comes up with... everyone in the threads are ecstatic about removing the choke and saying it makes a HUGE difference throughout the powerband, thats why i thought about removing it.

Thanks for the replies,
Dustin