PDA

View Full Version : i know im grounded

Rootar
11-23-2005, 11:40 PM
but i couldnt resist it, dad and brother are gone and my mom is asleep so i firgured id ask a little question. no im not gonna beable to get the 450, yes i started the "rebuild" today gonnna pull the motor out of the frame on saturday becasue thats the only thing i didnt get done today. Im getting TCS front triple rates w/ rezzies and comp adjust. Im gettign my rear converted to a TCS with dual rate, (ZPS on both of course).ordered a new rear rotor, ordered my chassis skid, my 250r grab bar(form PRM), i made mounts today to relocate the battery to the front of the frame right below the head lights under neeth the plastic (kinda sits on the frame rail between the frotn shock mounts).im getting new grips and i might go ahead and get me a bumper while im at it. HRI is gusseting my frame and doing the grab bar mod, and itll be PC'd honda red and im getting my swing arm pc'd black to match my a-arms. but to my question

what are the best or better shock covers out there? outter wares new design looks good, i dont want to scratch the springs or anything so what are the best shock covers and how about a link to them thanks alot.

how bout these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OUTERWEAR-FLAME-SHOCK-COVERS-TRX400EX-400EX-RAPTOR-RED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43971QQitemZ4591767 571QQrdZ1

prepracing
11-24-2005, 12:11 AM
any brand of outerwares will rub paint off your springs if you don't keep them washed out every couple rides

trx400exxracer
11-24-2005, 07:03 AM
when I put outerwares on my shocks they would rub paint off of my shocks so i just dont use any

JR3
11-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Id rather have paint rubbed off the springs then blown seals.

Rootar
11-24-2005, 10:59 AM
well im down at my granmas (thanksgiving)

well what about the shock pros shock covers or teh verde powersports covers? are either of those any good?

Honda TRX250ex
11-24-2005, 01:20 PM
and kind is good just wash them out and keep a eye on your shocks springs and valves

quadmxracer
11-24-2005, 03:29 PM
Get some QuadTech carbon fiber ones and you wont have to worry about paint getting rubbed off.

G Impala 63n70
11-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by quadmxracer
Get some QuadTech carbon fiber ones and you wont have to worry about paint getting rubbed off.
Yup

Sjorge450R
11-24-2005, 07:15 PM
I was so pissed today when I took my shock covers off of my elkas. On every single coil, the paint was missing. But like someone else said, I would would rather have shocks with rubbed off paint than to have shocks with blown seals. :o

LsMxRaCeR
11-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Can i ask a question??
If your getting shockcovers then why do you care if it rubs off the paint..Keep the covers on and no one will see the springs.

yamablaster24
11-24-2005, 08:13 PM
never ran any covers i have 450r front shocks that have there own cover...

Sjorge450R
11-24-2005, 08:18 PM
i really dont care i was just surprised to see that it rubbed the paint off.

Rootar
11-24-2005, 08:22 PM
as for the quad techs they are really trick looking but i ride alot of sand and fine dust so i need a little more protection

Originally posted by LsMxRaCeR
Can i ask a question??
If your getting shockcovers then why do you care if it rubs off the paint..Keep the covers on and no one will see the springs.

well if i ever up grade to LT and i try and sell these shocks whod wanna buy a set of shocks that dont have any paint on the springs? even if i gave the covers

oh well it doesnt matter im gonna give the NEWEST outter ware design a try they are supposed to have a soft felt cloth material on the inside to keep from scratching the springs maybe they wont and i guess oh well if they do

trx400exxracer
11-24-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by quadmxracer

can yousay chaching

I would get these if you are willing to spend that much on a shock cover or protector