PDA

View Full Version : TRX90/LT80/Pred90 race

smokinwrench
11-23-2005, 10:35 PM
I am still looking at quads but Christmas is near. I have 1 last question before I buy.

In a drag race with all stock or near stock machines. Will the trx90 even come close to hanging with the LT80 or Pred90? I know there is a diference in starts and such, I'm not worried about that.

My concern is will a lower power 90cc 4 stroke semi auto be able to hang with a 80/90cc 2 stroke cvt.

If it will then I will have a trx90 here if not it will be an eton or pred.

Thanks for any honest replies.

ROBBSRACING
11-24-2005, 06:28 AM
If all 3 machines are 100% stock the TRX will beat them all !

Pappy
11-24-2005, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by ROBBSRACING
If all 3 machines are 100% stock the TRX will beat them all !

i would agree, given the rider can shift properly!

LT80
11-24-2005, 08:44 AM
"IF" drag racing is your thing,the LT80 will shine.
Basically cuz it can be made very fast for the least amount of money.

smokinwrench
11-24-2005, 09:11 AM
No its not. I just don't want to spend $2500 on a trx90 if all the preds/LT's are gonna blow him away. So my thought is that if it will hang in a drag race it will stay with them when they are out messing around on a small flat track.

AtvMxRider
11-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by smokinwrench
No its not. I just don't want to spend $2500 on a trx90 if all the preds/LT's are gonna blow him away. So my thought is that if it will hang in a drag race it will stay with them when they are out messing around on a small flat track.

The honda will last much longer and can take more abuse than the others

KILLER EX
11-24-2005, 04:00 PM
i have all 3 you mention and the trx90 is faster stock for stock. the relilability is not even compareable i am 6ft. 240lbs and i race a mostly stock trx90 i have not had to replace a single part except for chains from my fat @ss streching them me and all my buds race mini quads for fun at my track . the polaris needs tons of frame prep to even take an aggresive kid riding it the engines seem to hold up alright i have an 03 and an 05 the 05 w/reverse the trans seems a little weaker than the 03 the 05 has tons of slop in it . not to bash anyone with an lt80 but the thing is a joke not to mention everything else suzuki makes. to sum it all up the trx 90 is near bullet proof and when modded it is still as reliable as always. IT IS A NO BRAINER WHICH MINI TO HAVE!! unless your kid just cant get the hang of shifting

11-24-2005, 06:43 PM
my son raced his 1st year this year on an 02 trx90. he had elka shocks and race tires. he took home 8th for the season w/ a BONE STOCK MOTOR:D thats against 32 mostly HIGHLY moded quads. i guess it does come down to the rider, but i'll swear by the trx :macho

11-24-2005, 06:54 PM
my son raced his 1st year this year on an 02 trx90. he had elka shocks and race tires. he took home 8th for the season w/ a BONE STOCK MOTOR:D thats against 32 mostly HIGHLY moded quads. i guess it does come down to the rider, but i'll swear by the trx :macho

212racing
11-25-2005, 08:19 AM
what are your future plans for the quad?
any type of racing?
how old is your rider?

smokinwrench
11-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by 212racing
what are your future plans for the quad?
any type of racing?
how old is your rider?

Mainly it will get used around our home town in a dried up nearly flat sandy river bottom. It will goto the dunes about 6 times per year, nothing huge just kids riding mainly in the wide open areas so us parents can sit on the trailer and watch them. It will for sure be at the Beaver Dunes Fall Classic every year, which is just a mx track they build for a weekend of racing.

I have started racing a few harescrambles, so if they start harescrambles for mini atv's he will do that. We might hit a couple of the local mx races next summer.

My boy is 7 and he will get the quad for Christmas. When he's done with it it will get passed down to my daughter. I figure we should have the quad in use for 5-7 years.

KILLER EX
11-25-2005, 10:34 AM
well the decison is clear now if you plan on passing it down to your daughter you will have to buy the trx because it is the only mini that will last with out putting a ton of money into it

LT80
11-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Your right! The decision is clear.
Dunes= 2 stroke!:D
I was at Patton. A cheeshead friend had to turn around 1/2 way up on his 400ex w/paddles. This blaster ding-a-ding-dinged right up. The 400 finally made it up with stock tires.
The moral: 4 stroke traction isn't what's needed in the dunes, especially mini's.
FYI: I'm not against any machine mentioned and I'm not trying to push a LT nor rag the TRX.
How about this new water cooled/dual a-arm 70/90/100 from Eastside motorsports in Phoenix? 4k and ready for all the above!
These new machines should be considered maybe.:)

smokinwrench
11-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by LT80

How about this new water cooled/dual a-arm 70/90/100 from Eastside motorsports in Phoenix? 4k and ready for all the above!
These new machines should be considered maybe.:)

$4 grand is to much for me. I got a call form abuddy of mine this morning and he found a couple 2005 DS90's for $1,599. To me that seems dang cheap and I believe is has the same powertrain as the pred,eton.

trX250eXmXr28
11-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by smokinwrench
$4 grand is to much for me. I got a call form abuddy of mine this morning and he found a couple 2005 DS90's for $1,599. To me that seems dang cheap and I believe is has the same powertrain as the pred,eton.

the ds is the worst mini out there

smokinwrench
11-25-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by trX250eXmXr28
the ds is the worst mini out there

Why do you say that? Can you give some reasoning behind your thoughts. I'm sure it is the same motor/trans as all the other Tiawan quads. So what makes it so terrible?

KILLER EX
11-25-2005, 08:04 PM
what will climb what is up to the rider not the machine i go up sand hills that are so straight up and down that large sections fall down from the top from being soo steep on my ex but who cares it ain't machine it is rider . i dont think anyone on here will argue(well maybe someone)that the trx is the most reliable and for mods all minis can be modded sky is the limit. for top speed i have all three mentioned and my garmin gps76 dont lie the trx ot top ends them all with the pink wire uncut

Arctic Cat Dad
11-26-2005, 06:37 AM
Whoever thinks the DS is junk doesn't know a thing about mini's. My son races an 04 Cat for 2 years now and thing is bulletproof! Not to say that in moded 70 form is 1 wicked quad.

We took him to a dirt drag and he WHIPED 17 other mini's in a 300' dirt drag.We put him in the 90cc class. There were every other mini there ,Honda,Pred,lt80,eton ,yammy,kymco. Most were in mod form. My son is only 7 and his Cat was a 70cc quad. He let them take off first and he whiped every1 by atleast 3 quad lengths. If this mini is junk then why did he win a National Championship in the GNCC'S plus our east cooast series. This quad is a very well built mini. He NEVER had a DNF!

To answer your question buy the trx 90. It will outlast ANY mini out there. We are gonna buy the new 06 trx for his birthday in march. The trx is one of the BEST mini's you can buy.