PDA

View Full Version : 450R Houser Airbox Lift Kit Problem. Help Please!

jdwxv3
11-23-2005, 08:57 PM
I just instaled my new Houser Air Box Lift Kit. Everything went together well. I then tried to put my seat back on and it will not set all the way down because it hits the top of the airbox lid. Anyone else have this problem? Can I even run the air box lid or what? Do I need to cut the seat pan up? Please help soon.

Thanks,
Josh:ermm:

Honda
11-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Yea, I had the same problem with mine.

I just run it without the lid.

Houser claims that the lid will fit with the lifter kit, it does, if you want to have your seat sitting a Half inch off the frame.

:ermm:

jdwxv3
11-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I REALLY REALLY REALLY DO NOT WANT TO RUN WITH THE LID OFF!!! This is no good. I have to figure something out. Man this stinks. I am sure if I left the seat on and the lid on I am sure I would break something on the air box.

Later,
Josh

Smoker
11-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Call Houser and tell them there product stinks, it should work as they intend, maybe they will give you an idea on it.

jdwxv3
11-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Anybody else? I guess I will give houser a call and try to get this figured out. See ya, Josh

Honda
11-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Anyone ever call Houser about the issue?

jdwxv3
11-26-2005, 03:27 PM
I pmed John, I called a few guys I race with and they have to run no air box lid on also. Some just cut the back of the lid off but most just took it off. I just hate to do that b/c a lot of our Missouri races are really dusty. Later, Josh

The rear end work wonderful though!!

Dave400ex
11-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Let us know what you find out from Houser. I also don't like the idea of no airbox lid. I saw that ArsFX has a lifter kit, I wonder if it allows a lid?

John Houser
12-03-2005, 05:05 AM
We have never put that on a quad & it not work. I do think that it touches the seat, but a slight push latches the seat & you are on your way. It IS designed to use the air box lid!!!! I would never run a GNCC without a lid. Has the seat or seat cover been changed? We have sold a bunch of these.

Dave400ex
12-03-2005, 10:21 AM
John do you think it would work with the EHS Racing lid? They are even thicker having the plate on top, but that looks like a good setup to run...

EHS Lid (http://www.ehsracing.com/EHS_WEB/Products/AirBox_Covers/TRX450R_EHS_ABX.aspx)

jdwxv3
12-03-2005, 08:16 PM
John the seat does hit, I was just worried about breaking the airbox with the pressure the seat puts on the top of the airbox.

Honda
12-03-2005, 09:21 PM
I lost My Digital Camers, but I can tell you that the there are two rubber pads on the bottom of the seat, and that they are supposed to ride on the the top rails of the subframe.

With the Lifter kit and Air Box lid Installed, there will be a half inch gap between the rubbers and the frame rails, so all of your weight will be supported by the air box.

Running with out a lid does suck, but breaking the air box, seat or ? would be worse.

:ermm: