PDA

View Full Version : Offset Rims

KRMit
11-23-2005, 07:20 PM
What offset rims should I specify if I'm aiming for 50" total width? I have a +4 axle and am getting +2 arms.

As a side note, what is the importance of beadlocks on the rear for MX? I'm leaning towards the ITP T-9 Baja rims.

Quick input would be appreciated. I need to order ASAP. Thanks!

11-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by KRMit
What offset rims should I specify if I'm aiming for 50" total width? I have a +4 axle and am getting +2 arms.

As a side note, what is the importance of beadlocks on the rear for MX? I'm leaning towards the ITP T-9 Baja rims.

Quick input would be appreciated. I need to order ASAP. Thanks!

beadlocks on the rear for mx holds the tire on, especially for low tire pressures etc, and can really help out

if you have +2 a-arms ud want 3+2 wheels, even though the 4+1 wheels would perform better, but you wont be at 50 if you use those

as for the rear, i believe you can still run the stock offset rears, i know you can if you have an adjustable axle obviously

what type of wheels are you going with? Hipers i hope!? :macho

DJJ450r
11-23-2005, 07:25 PM
if you get bajas they are offsets in the front 2+3 and i think in the back 3+6

KEVIN132
11-24-2005, 01:53 AM
DEF GET RINGS ON REARS !!i bend my .190 like nothing when doin mx . i use 6 lbs of air.if you dont land perfect they just bend!save your money and go with the HIPERS!!!!:D

KRMit
11-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by KEVIN132
DEF GET RINGS ON REARS !!i bend my .190 like nothing when doin mx . i use 6 lbs of air.if you dont land perfect they just bend!save your money and go with the HIPERS!!!!:D
The Baja rims have inner and outer reinforcement rings though. They should be just as hard to bend. I've bent a set of beadlocks were the hub bolts up before.

DJJ450r
11-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by KRMit
The Baja rims have inner and outer reinforcement rings though. They should be just as hard to bend. I've bent a set of beadlocks were the hub bolts up before.

ive bent both front bajas and one rear where the hub bolts. id save your money and get hipers:macho