PDA

View Full Version : Trail Tech Speedometer

Doibugu2
06-24-2002, 10:07 AM
I bought one of these and it is really nice. I got it from Rocky Mountain for $80 including the shipping.

But, I need some help to make sure my tire size is correct. Does anyone know the correct tire setting for the stock tires on a 400?

I have it set at 1655 right now, which seems close but I have not been pulled over by the cops to see how accurate it really is.

If anyone knows the correct settings please let me know.

Thanks,

muff
06-24-2002, 12:25 PM
i'm not sure but is that number the circumference of the tire? if it is you could just lay a tape measure down and roll the tire a complete revolution to get the number

if you think the settings you have now is fairly close just check your top speed, it should be around 65-70

Atomic83
06-24-2002, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure 1655 is what I used, but I would have to check to be sure.

Doibugu2
06-24-2002, 12:38 PM
It is the circumferance of the tire, but I just wanted to check my math. My top speed recorded on the thing is 67 mph. So that is why I figured I was pretty close.

muff
06-24-2002, 12:41 PM
sounds like its set up right, I was thinking about getting one, how well has it held up from abuse

Doibugu2
06-24-2002, 01:20 PM
I only have had my quad for 1 month or so, and I have had the speedo for about 3 weeks. I have gotten it pretty dirty and wet, and have not had a problem.

Its pretty cool, because you can set it to tell you when you should change your oil and other maintenance. It has top speed, avg. speed, ride time, total ride time, odometer, trip odometer.

The only thing that I kind of don't like is like any digital odometer, it updates like every second or two. It will skip a couple of mph's if your going balls out. But any digital dash in a car is the same way.

It is real easy to put on, it should take less than 1/2 hr. FYI, if you buy one, it has to go on the right front tire. I didn't read the insturctions, (what a suprise) and was going to put it on the left tire, and when I looked at the pic from the instuctions, it just wasn't matching up. So it can only go on the right tire.

Atomic83
06-24-2002, 01:53 PM
I put mine on the left, and it works fine.

SubnetZero
06-24-2002, 01:54 PM
Here is how I mounted mine

SubnetZero
06-24-2002, 01:54 PM

Doibugu2
06-24-2002, 02:08 PM
I don't have a pic of mine, but it is on the handle bars on the right side. I wanted to put it where Subnet Zero put his, but I couldn't get the piece of plastic off the handle bars. I about stripped the screw trying to take it off, so I just mounted it on the handle bars.

Subnet probably has the better mounting, because if you put in on the handle bars and do any trail riding, the screen is going to get scratched. Mine already has a few scratches. Just think of how many branches hit your hands, and your speedo is right next to your hand.

Atomic83
06-24-2002, 02:31 PM
I put mine where subnet put his and then I over jumped a double and I hit my head on it and busted the screen. So I sent it back to Trail Tech with $20 and they gave me a new one. Now I have it mounted in a much better place.

Recondude
06-24-2002, 02:51 PM
just measure the diameter of the tire and mulitiply it by pi (3.14) Learned that in geometry. And that will find the circumfrence of the tire