PDA

View Full Version : Trail Tech X-Bar Clamps

KRMit
11-23-2005, 10:50 AM
http://www.trailtech.net/trx450.htm

Has anyone checked out these bars yet? Your key and inidicator lights mount in a new plastic shroud with the 1-1/8" clamps above. These look like just what I'm after as I want to keep the key and stuff in the original location. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on them?

http://www.trailtech.net/images/honda/trx450/TRX_Cover.jpg

wanna_be_ridn
11-23-2005, 11:11 AM
I havent tried them yet, i have the renthal fat bar clamps and they are great i have not had one problem with them. and i took off my key and lights cuz i dont use them and if you cant find neutral then u shouldnt be ridin LMAO just messin i just never have had them on any quad i have ever had.

Jersey450R
11-23-2005, 11:58 AM
I had them on my quad for about 6 months and absolutely loved them. i had the same exact set up as you see in the pic. the only reason i had to get rid of them is because i upgraded to a +1 antivibe stem. i sold the clamp which i regret and just sold the bars to a member online, just for the plain fact i got a super deal on tags. you will more than pleased with the fit and finish of this product.

KRMit
11-23-2005, 12:29 PM
If I eventually upgrade to a Lonestar steering stem can I still use this clamp/dash?

Jersey450R
11-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by KRMit
If I eventually upgrade to a Lonestar steering stem can I still use this clamp/dash? i dont beleive so, i think its made for the stock stem. i may be wrong but i'm pretty sure. it does raise the bars considerably over the stock height...prolly 2 inches. i'll post pics tonight if i still have them when i get home from work. or do a search and see what they look like on my quad.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by KRMit
If I eventually upgrade to a Lonestar steering stem can I still use this clamp/dash?

The trailtech bars are of good quality and price and if you do upgrade to a lonestar stem you won't be able to run the trailtech clamp.

maynard22
11-23-2005, 01:12 PM
My buddy just put them on his 450r and I rode the bike a couple of weeks ago and I think it is a very nice setup, and reasonably priced at that.

AceLtz
11-23-2005, 02:03 PM
i have the trail tech setup and i really like it. the bars are very strong. i went off a ledge and my arm broke before the bars even showed any signs of damage :). it also looks really nice too. id reccomend them

bigrichards
11-23-2005, 03:09 PM
i have it on mine its awesome and not a bad price too.

KRMit
11-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks guys. I think ya'll have answered about all my questions. I think I'm going to get it with the bars. It sucks that I can't use it on an aftermarket stem though. I hope the stock one is tough enough.

tx_bullrider
11-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Had them on mine until I had to replace the stem (bent). Until then I loved them, so did everyone else who saw them. Even thought the stem didn't, the bars and clamp held up to the wreck.