PDA

View Full Version : MP3 player question

Warnerade
11-23-2005, 09:02 AM
well i just got a Sony walkman Mp3 player...it came with the program Sonic Stage, all of my songs i already have downloaded on my computer from Limewire are already in MP3 format file so i can transfer them no problem...well, when i rip all of my songs off of a CD, it wont let me transfer them becuase they are ripped in the wrong format. I tried Roxio and they are ripped in the WAVE format, wich is way to big to be fitting on an MP3 player...I tried using Windows media player and they are ripped in the WME format, wich also will not convert onto my MP3 player... My friend said do a google search and download a program that can rip files in an MP3 format, but i have no idea what to search for and neither does he.

any ideas? thanks in advance...

dangle
11-23-2005, 09:14 AM
There should be a place in the options cd ripping tab(or something of that sort) to change the file format that they are ripped to.... if all else fails d/l I tunes... it can convert your files to MP3... if that don't work theres a program called DBpower music converter.. find it on CNET or on limewire...

Mike

trx400exxracer
11-23-2005, 01:01 PM
get musicmatch we have all of our files as mp3's and then when you want to download a cd you take all of the songs and put them into a folder and you can change into wae files and it doesn't effect the same songs that you took from another folder to put in that folder

Butters
11-23-2005, 01:06 PM
i think you have to load them through sonic stage, cause it loads them in a different format onto the sony mp3 player. i think the format is like atrac something. i used to have one, but can't remember now.