PDA

View Full Version : 1999 400ex blowing fuse's

REC
06-24-2002, 07:32 AM
Has any body else had a problem with the 15A fuse beside the starter solenoid blowing. When the fuse is blown the electric starter will not work, you can however push start the bike without any problem and ride all day. I went thru about 5 fuses this past Saturday. I have tried riding with and with out the headlights on. Once I replace the fuse the bike starts fine, but when you turn it off and then go to start it again the fuse is blown. I can't tell if it blows when I hit the button or if it happend while I was riding. Any idea's???:(

muff
06-24-2002, 08:06 AM
I'd make sure that two wires arent hitting each other, when I installed the trail tech lights on my 300 I accidently touched two wrong wires and it blew the fuse, just check all of the little rubber pieces are over the connections

hope this helped

phatswinn
06-24-2002, 08:39 AM
yea you have a grounded positive wire somewhere

300exryder
06-24-2002, 08:43 AM
When i installed my fog lights i kept on blowing the 15 fuse (this wasnt the one that you are talking about but it is a different oe that goes from the attery directly to the foglight) Luckily I have a crashed car (only cosmetic damage for the most part) so i just stole a 20 fuse from it. Never had a problem since

06-24-2002, 12:48 PM
when i had to hot wire my 400(do to forgeting the key) the same fuse blew because of arking when i tied the wires togther. check all your wires and make sure they arent touching anywhere.