PDA

View Full Version : Durability and performance of Holeshot MX tires

edz250r
11-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Hey guys...I want to purchase a set of holeshot mx tires, but I realize they are only 2 ply. I will be using them on mx tracks about 25% of the time and will ride on dirt roads, railroad beds and other trails the remainder of the time. Am I going to put holes in these really easy if I hit a rock??

Also, how do these tires perform off the track? Their site says they are really good for hard packed tracks only.

dirtmomma
11-23-2005, 07:58 AM
The holeshots wear out REALLY quick!!!!!!!!!! We were NOT impressed w/ them on the fronts, got a set wetn to an ATV Jamboree & thye were probably wore 1/2 down after a week of riding!! They worked GREAT on the track though, I'd pick something else especially for the $$ you will spend, go w/ a Razr front or something that has more plys :) JMO :)

edz250r
11-23-2005, 08:09 AM
I've heard they they wear fast too. Do you think they would still perform well if used on dirt trails, railroad beds and occasionally woods riding? I just want to make sure that they dont puncture after the first rock I hit!

300exr
11-23-2005, 08:34 AM
i had mine for a while, they are actually really good tires just stay off of paved roads as much as you can, and i doubt hitting rocks will hurt the tires at all.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-23-2005, 08:38 AM
If you are only going to use them 25% for mx I would not get the Holeshots. If you said 95%mx I would recommend them, I would look at either a Klaw or the BKT xdrive or the knarly for the type of riding you will be doing.

300exr
11-23-2005, 08:46 AM
just buy some 20x6x10 razr mx's and see how you like them, you'll never know until you try 'em, but yea holeshots are going to crap out fast, go with razr's or klaws. I have klaw mxf's on my 300ex rite now and i got them like jul 1st and i have abused them on roads, trails, everything, and i was just at the track and they werent bad after all that. My next tires tho are going to be the razr mx's

edz250r
11-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Colby, is your recommendation because of how fast they will wear or because they won't perform as well as other tires and may also puncture?

raptorrider314
11-25-2005, 08:55 PM
i have holeshots for mx racing and they are awesome. But i have the kenda klaws mxr for practicing adn they are a really good all round tire. for you i would say teh klaws

orangeEX
11-26-2005, 09:35 PM
holeshot xcr fronts/mxr4 rears

good tires .i ride mostly mx but also hard trailriding with
lots of roots...no holes great for sandy or loose dirt
and massive grippers on hard packed dirt and pavement

Colby@C&DRacing
11-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by edz250r
Colby, is your recommendation because of how fast they will wear or because they won't perform as well as other tires and may also puncture?

The wear factor and the puncture resistance don't get me wrong they are a great tire just not the best for your type of riding.

Ridin' Jesse
11-28-2005, 08:25 AM
For only MX they are great...i only use mine for mx races/practice tracks. If you are gonna trail ride and such with them, dont buy them. and if you ride on pavement, you might as well not even consider mx's they would be useless.