PDA

View Full Version : 1st mods

sqznby
11-22-2005, 06:39 PM
What were your first mods done to your 450Rs.
I am picking up my 450R either Monday or Tuesday of next week, I am not sure what to do first.
Thanks in advance
Later
sqz

11-22-2005, 06:55 PM
pipe filter and jets were my first mod

thats what i would reccommend doing to your 450R for the first steps :macho

White7
11-22-2005, 07:21 PM
your first mods should be protective equipment,helmet, boots, and a chest protector

if you have those then do a pipe and a cam

steveatv3
11-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Bumper
Nerfs
Pipe - Filter - jets
Bars

11-22-2005, 10:21 PM
nerfs!

AceLtz
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
your first mods should be a set of nerf bars, pipe, filter, and get your carb jetted. After those you can continue to cams, pistons, etc

MAD450r
11-23-2005, 04:31 AM
Since I picked up my 04 with hrc installed that was my first mod, second was the sparks pipe I had before I picked up my 450. I waited through my breakin oilchange then I installed the pipe.

Next thing I modded was axle and a-arms, then came the best mod I did to my 450r Derisi shock rebuilds and new rear link.

duncan440ex
11-23-2005, 04:58 AM
stem and bars because i'm tall

ThumPIN_450R
11-23-2005, 12:39 PM
tires nerfs and filter

Punk'd
11-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Tires........ Stock tires SUCK.. end of story

11-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Tires........ Stock tires SUCK.. end of story

well when they look like yours, i can see y, haha :blah:

trx400exxracer
11-23-2005, 02:44 PM
If you are going to race xc I would get hiper wheels, tires, smaller front sprocket, shocks, and then pipe air filter and jets.]
ohh yeah and skid plates

sqznby
11-24-2005, 09:42 AM
damn, I'll have to do eenie meenie miny moe to figure out what I will do, lol.
Happy Thankgiving fellas
Later
sqz

Punk'd
11-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
well when they look like yours, i can see y, haha :blah:

You can thank my parents for that. I have the money in my hand to buy new ones and they say "No we cant spend anymore of our money" When its MY money.. lol

but guess whats coming up.. CHRISTMAS BABY

(I only need fronts I have Razr rears and I love them.)

KRMit
11-24-2005, 10:10 AM
For me it's been...
Nerf bars
Tires
Axle
Mixture screw
Now I'm waiting on my shocks, a-arms, linkage, and HRC kit.

Hawk III
11-24-2005, 10:39 PM
get rid of the pos shocks and get some GOOD aftermarket ones...thats the first thing i did and would do again

woodsman250r
11-25-2005, 08:08 AM
I agree that suspension should be the FIRST mod you make. I believe that getting a suspension dialed in right is the best performance mod you can make. Sure you can have a $500 exhaust setup and about $1000 but you will never be able to put all of that power to the ground without good suspension that is set up for you. So I would either get the stock shock conversion kit that places like GT, Derisi, C&D do or get a nice set of aftermarket shocks because you will thank yourself later. Things like handlebars, tires, filters ect are not that expensive and can be easily bought down the road, save your cash and get shocks.

KILLER EX
11-26-2005, 03:14 PM
living in mass. the first thing you should do is full undercarrige skids!!!

Pepto_Bismol
11-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Every new quad I bought (and of course help setting up all of my friends quad) MOD order is as follows:

Part / Comments (Reason Why)

- Nerf bars / Because I am a foolio and love to jump, it's an ankle saver! Allows me a bit of time to get familiar with my new quad.

- Pipe and Jet Kit / Everyone loves a tad more power, it satisfies me for the time being instead of doing any internal engine mods, and while I'm waiting for my suspension that is on order!

- HandleBars / Because at this point, I rolled it at least once!

- Suspension / AT this point, I am comfortable with how the quad handles, and have pushed the stockers to the max. Just can't get enough out of stock, it's also a lifesaver, and allows me to ride much harder and faster. This is the first MAJOR mod I would do. The rest listed above are not really mods (well, maybe jetting), they are bolt ons.

- Skid plates / The stock ones last long enough to get my suspension finished, but out here in the desert, you have major rocks to contend with.

Tires / Only when I finally burn up my stockers (which doesn't take long), I will buy tires. As far as rims, I only replace with aftermarket only after I damage them. The stock rims are pretty solid, but they will bend.

Then, if I need it, engine mods. Generally, I don't. Suspension is what will give you the best boost in your ability to manuever and ride aggresively.

As far as graphics (never), or plastics or cosmetic items (bling), I don't waste my money (unless I have too). I would rather use the dough to purchase something listed above. For example, my entire suspension setup cost about $4000.00, but Good Lord, it's worth every penny!!!!!!!

Hope this helps (did I mention suspension is one of the BEST Mods!! ;) )!!

Pepto:cool: