PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Run

400exrules
11-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Anyone ever raced in a turkey run? I might be goin to my first one sunday, its being held by the memphis motorcycle club. The guy that told me about it said they give you like this card thing..and you have to race through a trail and find all the punches, and punch holes in your card.

Im gettin pretty excited. Anyone done anything like this before? I dont have any goggles so im going to pick some up before the race cuz im sure ill prob need them.

Mxjunkie
11-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Its like a poker run for harleys, u go to each spot get a card and who ever has the best hand at the end wins..

I did one on a quad with my dad once, they are fun as hell lol

400exrules
11-22-2005, 07:13 PM
this one is kinda different, from what i understand they have a marked trail and you race through, and they have designated areas where they hide a punch thing (kinda like a hole puncher but with diff. shapes).......but they hide it like anyone in like a 30ft. radius around a marker, and you have to find it and punch your card and ride to the next one. But each punch is a different shape so you cant cheat. But some people punch their card then throw the punch way off into the woods so everyone else cant get it lol.

400exrules
11-23-2005, 11:07 AM
anyone else raced in any harescrambles or anything like this? i dont really know what to expect. Do they have different atv classes, will i need a pitstop...etc?