PDA

View Full Version : Life of Parts and Japan or USA

250Renvy
11-22-2005, 03:37 PM
So I just bought a new set of OEM bushings/bearings for my a-arms and looking at the packaging got me wondering:
Are ALL 250R parts 18-20 years old, even new oem replacement parts?

Does anybody know anything about parts production - like do they just run extra parts when they produce the yearly run and when those parts run out they are done, or do they continually make parts through out the years then eventually stop ie discontinued?

I also noticed the made in Japan sticker.
I know the 450Rs are made in USA. Are any other hondas still made in Japan? And is the quality better in Japan and that is why they lasted so long?

If anybody has these answers - awesome or discuss Japan vs USA quality of atvs.

zedicus00
11-22-2005, 03:47 PM
they are a combination of all the option. new old stock, still made. and some things are already being discontinued.

gas tanks can be ordered new but come in black only, the 85-86 crank/rod has been entirely discontinued, leaving it to the aftermarket companys. i thin all the bearings are outsorced, which means honda had sum other company build them for them. i think most internals are still produced on a limited basis, meaning they tool up there machines and produce thouse parts for maybe a couple weeks out of the yr.

im not even gunna touch the quality topic... it all depends on what day of the week it is, not to mention the whole r u having a good day bad day thing... or the fact that most us companys count 80% as good enough when japanese companys consider 99% good enuf. (so much for not touching it huh)