PDA

View Full Version : what musician do you think has/had the worst voice of all time??

Matt37
11-22-2005, 02:29 PM
What musician do you think has the most overrated or just plain old annoying voice of all time??

Mine has to be Janice Joplin... God the voice was annoying and bad.

Bob Dylan got on my nerves to.

400exrules
11-22-2005, 02:31 PM
ashley simpson, michael jackson

wilkin250r
11-22-2005, 02:43 PM
I agree with both Janics Joplin, and Bob Dylan.

Willy Nelson is another. He's a great song writer, but he can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Tom Petty as well. Not a terrific singing voice.

Then there are those artists with fantastic singing ability, but their voice is like nails on a chalkboard. For this category, I'd nominate Vince Gill for the men, and Alison Krauss for the women.

440ex dragger
11-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Yoko Ono...I think that is how you spell it. She is John Lennons wife. She is awful (but kinda hot).

theTman
11-22-2005, 02:51 PM
kelly osbourne

catch22blaster
11-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Clay Akin
from american idol

MXRACER86
11-22-2005, 02:56 PM
I HATE "THE WHITE STRIPES"!!!!:mad:

wvspeedfreak
11-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Hands down Bob Dylan.

wvspeedfreak
11-22-2005, 03:06 PM
.....and the lead singer of the band The Darkness.

4oorider
11-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Hands down Bob Dylan.

ditto

tj_escott
11-22-2005, 03:11 PM
I thinks a lot of people would agree with me on this one... Waylon Jennings.:D

honduh440
11-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Tom Petty as well. Not a terrific singing voice.

WOW. Are you serious? Dont get me wrong he is no choir vocalist but for his genre of music he is one of the best ever. Not to mention that his first album came out in the mid 70s and last was in the 90s.

It is hard to name the worst band/song ever. Guy at my work loves nine inch nails and the clash. Id like to stab nine inch nails threw the clashes eyes.

As im sitting here typing this I thought of the worst song in the world in my book. dont even knwo what its called or who its by .......... "barbie girl"

gumby2461
11-22-2005, 03:20 PM
def ashley simpson

wilkin250r
11-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
WOW. Are you serious? Dont get me wrong he is no choir vocalist but for his genre of music he is one of the best ever.

Don't get it confused with a bad artist. I think his songs are great, and I believe he writes his own.

Great song writer, but his vocal ability isn't the greatest.

Willy Nelson is classic, a true great in his field, but that doesn't mean he has outstanding vocal ability, either.

Many artists today are the exact opposite. Take Christina Aguilera. Terrific talent, beautiful voice. Think she writes her own songs? Not a chance.

standardryder
11-22-2005, 03:48 PM
the lead singer from avenged sevenfold. i liked every cd except the last one. i dont know what he did to his voice but it sounds like he is whining everytime he sings. anybody else notice this?

PunkA$$
11-22-2005, 03:55 PM
I like Neil Youngs music, but his voice is friggin' whinny.

jay's 300
11-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Hands down Bob Dylan.

got my vote!:scary:

lonestar13r
11-22-2005, 04:31 PM
how about william hung from American Idol? ....and i agree..the lead singer of the darkness should probally be choked out !! :devil:

dangle
11-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Kelly Osborne and the dude from seether...

Mike

K-Dub
11-22-2005, 05:08 PM
I cant stand Axle Rose's voice.

SGA
11-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Tiny Tim

"Tiptoe through the tulips"

http://www.content.loudeye.com/scripts/hurl.exe?clipid=013198701010006550&cid=600111

Hyperwarrior22
11-22-2005, 05:16 PM
bob dylan may have a crappy voice but hes one of americas best song writers of all time

dont hate on bob dylan

bulkdriverlp
11-22-2005, 05:52 PM
george thoroughgood (sp)

Rich250RRacer
11-22-2005, 06:38 PM
WOW. Are you serious? Dont get me wrong he is no choir vocalist but for his genre of music he is one of the best ever. Not to mention that his first album came out in the mid 70s and last was in the 90s.

It is hard to name the worst band/song ever. Guy at my work loves nine inch nails and the clash. Id like to stab nine inch nails threw the clashes eyes.

As im sitting here typing this I thought of the worst song in the world in my book. dont even knwo what its called or who its by .......... "barbie girl"

I have to flame! You should burn in hell, the Clash was one of the most influential bands of all time. They are considered legends by many, even included in VH1's legends series, with Hendrix, Zeppelin, the Who and a select few others. That's some pretty good company.

honduh440
11-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Are you honestly saying that the clash is in the same category of fame as led zepplin or hendrix? I bet 80% of the usa population has never heard of the clash. In my book they are equivelant to duran duran.

Anybody who has never heard the clash download a few songs and post what you think of them.

11-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by standardryder
the lead singer from avenged sevenfold. i liked every cd except the last one. i dont know what he did to his voice but it sounds like he is whining everytime he sings. anybody else notice this?

he blew his voice out, i kinda like the way he sings on the new record:ermm:

prepracing
11-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by lonestar13r
how about william hung from American Idol? ....and i agree..the lead singer of the darkness should probally be choked out !! :devil:

defininately Willam Hung...... did anyone else hear that he died :confused:

Jake250ex
11-22-2005, 07:05 PM
idk his name, but the dude from rage against the machine

trx400exxracer
11-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Are you honestly saying that the clash is in the same category of fame as led zepplin or hendrix? I bet 80% of the usa population has never heard of the clash. In my book they are equivelant to duran duran.

Anybody who has never heard the clash download a few songs and post what you think of them.

I have heard of the Clash

Rich250RRacer
11-22-2005, 07:16 PM

You must be 12.

Honda400exrox
11-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
defininately Willam Hung...... did anyone else hear that he died :confused:

no way, that funny lil chinese dude?

honduh440
11-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
You must be 12.

and you have your degree in......

Rich250RRacer
11-22-2005, 07:22 PM
The Clash is a band that was HUGE on the punk scene in the late 70's and early 80's, and while their popularity may not match some of the other bands I listed, their music and influence speaks for itself. Their 1979 album "London Calling" was once rated by Rolling Stone magazine as "the greatest album of all time", period.

MXRACER86
11-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by standardryder

I hear ya on that one, I used to love avengedsevenfold, but I can't stand them any more, They are too "pop" for me now.

Rich250RRacer
11-22-2005, 07:26 PM
and you have your degree in......

:rolleyes:

honduh440
11-22-2005, 07:34 PM
The Clash is a band that was HUGE on the punk scene in the late 70's and early 80's, and while their popularity may not match some of the other bands I listed, their music and influence speaks for itself. Their 1979 album "London Calling" was once rated by Rolling Stone magazine as "the greatest album of all time", period.

the rolling stones currently has carrie underwood as the top album and black eyed peas as #2 :confused:

now by no means am i arguing that they flat out suck i respect everyones opinion im sure their is tons of people that love them to death BUT a fact is the clash is in no way even arguably the greatest band of all time

11-22-2005, 07:43 PM
black eyed peas as #2 :confused:

that has to be the worst freaking music band/group i have ever heard. I CANT FUGGIN STAND THAT GAY ***** HUMPS SONG:mad: :grr: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rich250RRacer
11-22-2005, 07:49 PM
the rolling stones currently has carrie underwood as the top album and black eyed peas as #2 :confused:

now by no means am i arguing that they flat out suck i respect everyones opinion im sure their is tons of people that love them to death BUT a fact is the clash is in no way even arguably the greatest band of all time

Never said they were, but I don't think you know as much about music as you think. As far as your Rolling Stone standings, you are going by current charts. This is posting of sales and requests, but you're so smart you probably knew that. Rolling Stone gave a list a few years back of the greatest albums of all time in any genre (do you know what that word means, or do you have to look that up too) and the all time greatest album was "London Calling". Now I am not a huge Clash fan, I probably wouldn't rate them in my top five favorites, but I understand the influence that one musician or group has upon other artists and the direction in which music goes, and the Clash was one of those bands.

honduh440
11-22-2005, 08:06 PM
shut up about the the rolling stone mag. I seen the same daym mag it was called the top 500 best albums of all time and the beetles were number 1

The Clash best album of any genre of all time. Youre right it is the best. Im going to get my eagles cd and toss it out.Puttin in the daym clash

Rich250RRacer
11-22-2005, 08:10 PM
I did find some updates, and while it is no longer considered THE greatest album of all time, these quotes should shed some light.

From VH1.com
The Sex Pistols may have been the first British punk rock band, but the Clash were the definitive British
punk rockers. Where the Pistols were nihilistic, the Clash were fiery and idealistic, charged with righteousness and a leftist political ideology. From the outset, the band was more musically adventurous, expanding its hard rock & roll with reggae, dub, and rockabilly among other roots musics. Furthermore, they were blessed with two exceptional songwriters in Joe Strummer and Mick Jones, each with a distinctive voice and style. The Clash copped heavily from classic outlaw imagery, positioning themselves as rebels with a cause. As a result, they won a passionately devoted following on both sides of the Atlantic. While they became rock & roll heroes in the U.K., second only to the Jam in terms of popularity, it took the Clash several years to break into the American market, and when they finally did in 1982, they imploded several months later. Though the Clash never became the superstars they always threatened to become, they restored passion and protest to rock & roll. For a while, they really did seem like "the only band that mattered."

From Aversion.com
The Clash pioneered the British punk sound, with midtempo anthems capturing the spirit of disenfranchised youth. A mix of high-end guitar and low, melodic bass gave the Clash a sound tied into early punk, but characteristically different than their heavier counterparts. Later albums would venture into new territory for the Clash musically, helping them to establish themselves as one of rock'n'roll's greatest bands, dabbling in reggae, rockabilly, gospel and funk, fusing each with their charged punk ideology.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search
The Clash was a successful British punk rock group that existed from 1976 to 1986. They incorporated reggae, rockabilly, and eventually many other music styles into their repertoire, and displayed a political and lyrical sophistication that distinguished them from most of their colleagues in the punk genre. They were also legendary for uncommonly intense stage performances. The Clash are considered to be one of the best and most influential punk bands of all time.

From their earliest days as a band, The Clash stood apart from their peers with their musicianship, as well as their lyrics; the passionate, righteous political idealism in frontman Joe Strummer's lyrics was a definite contrast to the nihilism of the Sex Pistols and the simplicity of The Ramones.

The Clash have influenced punk pop, indie, alternative rock and britpop bands, this has been through their musical style as well as through lyrical content. Their incorporation of many musical styles has also lead them to influence reggae, hip hop and electronic artists.

London Calling, a double album, was the height of their critical and commercial success. Besides straightforward punk, it featured a much wider array of styles than the earlier albums, including American-style rockabilly and reggae works that resonated with the ska movement in Britain. The album is considered one of the best rock albums ever produced, appearing at #8 on Rolling Stone's recent "Top 500 albums of all time." It was also named #1 on Entertainment Weekly 's "Top 25 Albums of the last 25 Years". Tracks such as "Train in Vain", "Clampdown" and "London Calling" show up with regularity on rock stations to this day. The album cover is a homage to Elvis Presley's self-titled first RCA LP.

From theClashonline.com
Rolling Stone named it the #1 album of the '80s. Q Magazine put it in the Top 5 Best British Albums of all time and called Pennie Smith's cover shot "The Most Iconic Image In Rock & Roll." Incorporating elements of rockabilly, funk, blues and reggae into The Clash's amphetamine rush of sound, and spread out over four sides of LP vinyl, the 1979 release of "London Calling" was closer to a manifesto than an album release. With its numerous accolades from the media, industry and music buyers alike, it is one of the most recognized and influential albums in rock.

honduh440
11-22-2005, 08:11 PM
im not even going to read that

Rich250RRacer
11-22-2005, 08:13 PM
shut up about the the rolling stone mag. I seen the same daym mag it was called the top 500 best albums of all time and the beetles were number 1

The Clash best album of any genre of all time. Youre right it is the best. Im going to get my eagles cd and toss it out.Puttin in the daym clash

I like the Eagles, even saw them live a few times :)

honduh440
11-22-2005, 08:14 PM
I like the Eagles, even saw them live a few times :)

me as well, unfortuneatly they were old when i saw them

honduh440
11-22-2005, 08:14 PM
ive got to take off now if you would like to carry on the conversation pm me and ill get back to you tomorrow. later

Rich250RRacer
11-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Now the Eagles are very high on my list of favorites.

Rich250RRacer
11-22-2005, 08:16 PM
ive got to take off now if you would like to carry on the conversation pm me and ill get back to you tomorrow. later

Nah, it was fun though.

SGA
11-22-2005, 08:36 PM
How did this thread go this way? It was about the worst voice of all time, not who was the best.
Everyones going to have thier own opinions of whos worst, no need to argue about it.

I think Kurt Cobain had a terrible voice, but I did like his bands style. So does Bob Dylan, hard to understand, but a great song writer.

Add on: The clash, I like them.

11-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Alanis Morisette. Me and a friend went to a BNL show last summer and they and another good band opened for her. We left after about 5 minutes. Her voice was awful. Just screaming.

2004exrider
11-23-2005, 09:39 AM
sher(sp?), madonna,phiona apple, The "new" scott weiland in velvet revolver he was awesome in stp though.

4oorider
11-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by gumby2461
def ashley simpson

she doesnt even sing:rolleyes:

250xridamatt
11-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider
sher(sp?), madonna,phiona apple, The "new" scott weiland in velvet revolver he was awesome in stp though.

I think fiona apple has a pretty sweet voice. Definately unique.

Honda TRX250ex
11-23-2005, 06:29 PM
all these people that you guys are say are horrible!