PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Day Dec. 3

Mobile Dyno
11-22-2005, 01:44 PM
On Saturday Dec. 3 I will be at Harlens to do some dyno testing(weather permiting). If anyone wants to get on the dyno to get their bikes dialed in, your invited. The zip code is 21158. You can mapquest it to see how far it is. I know some guy's up north wanted to get on and this is a little closer than pappy's. If you are serious about coming, then send me a pm and I will give you the address.

wppracing
11-23-2005, 03:26 AM
Matt,
I will be there on Saturday if the weather is good. It wont be until the afternoon though. Email me the address again.

bobbo97f150
11-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Would you happen to know the exhaust gas temperature for a 450R. If not, a good estimate would work. If you have it in celcius, that would be great, and I can convert it if you don't. Thanks

370kingR
11-24-2005, 05:20 AM
Looks like i will be able to make this one Matt. I already got directions to Harlan's place so im set. I need to make a few good runs. I have two intakes to try as well as two cdi's, possibly two pipes, and two cam's. I have it figured where i could do a cam swap on the dyno in under 1/2 hour, probably 20 mins.

Mobile Dyno
11-24-2005, 05:56 PM
King, Can't wait to see your 550r and the Hp it puts down:devil:
It will be an Awesome day if the weather holds.

Bobby, I don't have the temp in C*

wppracing
11-27-2005, 05:01 PM
I am installing a Baldwin 14.1 in a customers quad. I plan on bringing it along with mine to test. This set up has the Hot Cam STG2, LRD Pipe and K&N Filter.
What time are you planning on starting?

Mobile Dyno
11-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm going to try and get there about 8:30am-9am to get set up.

370kingR
11-28-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Mobile Dyno
King, Can't wait to see your 550r and the Hp it puts down:devil:
It will be an Awesome day if the weather holds.

Bobby, I don't have the temp in C*

That makes two of us Matt! Got some stuff to try out to. We shall cut through the hype and get to the good stuff that really works ;) Wait till you see the snap in this thing. Dans FCR setup is flat out awsome.

I was telling Brian im leaving probably around 8 a.m. ish here and it takes about 4 hours to get down there so i should be there around noon, mayby a little before.

Mobile Dyno
11-28-2005, 04:51 AM
King, see you around noon. Can I take it for a spin...PLEASE,lol:devil:

370kingR
11-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Mobile Dyno
King, see you around noon. Can I take it for a spin...PLEASE,lol:devil:

Matt, of coarse you can take it for a spin brotha. In fact, i want you to rip on it like you own it ;)

I dont know about that Chad fella tho.....J/K i owe him one

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 07:56 PM
ok great dyno day.

Once again thanks to Mobile Dyno. Did another great job helping all the customers

I have gotten amany dyno jpgs to post but i think the ones most excited should say a few words before i steal the thunder ;)

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm sooooooo proud. Kinda like a proud parent would be,... ;) You'll see what I mean soon enough,..

370kingR said I could post his DASA, so I will,...This was with DASA pipe, DASA intake, HRC cam, crf ignition, DASA 550cc MR9 fuel. WTG Gary sweet power. I'll be posting video on my site tommorrow for ppl to view Gary's the dyno in video.

However, I will wait for another or two muscle guys to lay down their cards,.... ;)

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Gary's machine pulls really good and hard. He let me climb aboard and bang the gears around Harlen land and track. Gary's 550 pulled real hard from bottom to top. He has plenty of power to even gear up from 14/39 if he wanted. With the DASA pipe and crf ignition, his monster sounded really throaty and deep when throttle thumped.

Brians (WPP Racing) 450r is fregin awesome. Love to ride it and had fun wizzing out to rev limit across Harlens fields. Absolute blast riding this stock bore muscle power. I'll wait till WPP posts his own graphs to tell all about it.

Thanks to both for letting me have fun on your quads.

wahhhhoo!

TURBO-530R
12-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Well today was full of mixed feelings. I bolted my new DASA pipe and filter on my bike and I had some HP gain but not what was claimed to gain with the new mods.I thought the filter and pipe would compliment the DASA head work for greater gains again not what was claimed .well I feel good that the 530 stayed right with the pro built DASA 550 of 370 KING R’s Just to hang with Gary felt good and even out performed him in the torque reading.
We felt that Gary might have a clutch problem? Not sure. It was nice to have the 530 crack the 60 HP mark and only to have Gary squeak by me with his PRO built motor .But not by much. We both have a few things to tweak to increase the numbers. When will it end ???
And THANKS TO CHAD for putting this motor together in his garage and it still hangs in there with the Big Boys.

Well only one thing left to do is put the turbo back on the bike
and see what it will do.

Well here is the dyno runs

370kingR
12-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Always a pleasure to hang with you guys.

Im going back to the drawing board and the first order of business is to get that clutch issue taken care of. No doubt was it slipping and theres more power that will get to those rear tires. Im very excited to put a new clutch in and also the new clutch lockout. That with some cam tweaking just might do the trick.

Thanks for all your help today fella's (Chad, Jim, Brian, Matt)

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 09:00 PM
Glad to see your BEAST did really good and hang with the pro's :D

made me smile big time. Extremely happy for you both that you've cracked the 60 mark and now are in the "60 club".

:D

we'll since the cat is out. I'll post the remaining,...

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 370kingR
Always a pleasure to hang with you guys.

Im going back to the drawing board and the first order of business is to get that clutch issue taken care of. No doubt was it slipping and theres more power that will get to those rear tires. Im very excited to put a new clutch in and also the new clutch lockout. That with some cam tweaking just might do the trick.

Thanks for all your help today fella's (Chad, Jim, Brian, Matt)

Yes, Gary. You'll get 'er worked out. The best thing to come is when you find out what it is, and wham, puts a smile back on your face.

Anyway, your welcome but we should be thanking you too for the great time hanging out for the day with some really great power-freek-a-zoids. LOL!

:macho

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 09:08 PM
This was Gary's first pull compared to TURBO-530R (aka Jim).

Gary's 550 first pull with the following:
DASA FCR, DASA full, Johnson cam 2 degree advance, crf ignition, DASA intake

You could pull back gary's line back down toward idle and follow the basic curve like the 530 to get a sense of power spectrum of the 550. I figure near 62 peak with the johnson cam in this setup if the clutch hadn't slipped. :confused:

370kingR
12-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Thanks Chad, i had to steal my own dyno chart from you to show others :devil:

I love this guy!

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Don't we just love the dyno for comparion different mods,....

Back-to-back pulls here with same mods except for exhaust swap.

both dialed in and no jetting was required since both hovered perfect a/f.

This sparks is with no canister end cap/baffle/sparky installed just header and canister

RED PULL = SPARKS EXHAUST
BLUE PULL = DASA EXHAUST

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 09:23 PM
more unfortunate pulls. something was definitely strange going on,...

the only pulls that didn't have this drastic issue on 370kingR's 550 was his pull above with HRC cam installed. All others looks like this. Why didn't all of Gary's pulls have this problem? Notice how, if the clutch was slipping, it got worse and worse as pulls went on? See the point where the clutch finally grabs, only to become later and later in the rpm range as pulls went on?

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 09:27 PM
I forgot to save Jim's 530 pull with K&N filter with sparks exhaust compared to DASA intake filter with sparks exhaust.

This would have been great filter comparision to show ppl.

I'm a believer in this filter. Looked really sweet how the adapter acts like a velocity stack inside the filter to increase the airs velocity before the carb. I'm buying one of these and replacing my K&N this month.

Mobile Dyno, can you post jims filter comparison for the atvriders members and other peeps to see?

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
the only pulls that didn't have this drastic issue on 370kingR's 550 was his pull above with HRC cam installed. All others looks like this. Why didn't this pull have this problem too?

sorry to quote myself, but this is what i questioned.

here, you can see gary's setup with hrc making power throughout (run 010) and gary's other pull with johnson having some issue (run 003)

any other thoughts except clutch? maybe crf ignition or cam timing?

Kilabanshee
12-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Look like you guys had a good time. When are you going to build the Standard bore DASA R Chad?

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Kilabanshee
Look like you guys had a good time. When are you going to build the Standard bore DASA R Chad?

I start 16th December and will be posting a thread on the fly for ppl to see the teardown process, the parts layout, and assemble.

I think the only thing i'll be getting from DASA is his port work. His port work seems to be getting me and some others 3-5 more hp compared to any other porter i've seem and measured. realistically.

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 10:01 PM
consistent back-to-back pulls

Mobile Dyno is one h3ll-of-an-operator.

Thanks.

More than one proud pappa today i guess...

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 10:10 PM
one point i'd like to mention is that the only difference in displacement is 20cc between the two. One might assume linearity with displacement from 530 to 550cc and only expect a similar ratio in power increase- mods being equal.

1.8hp more... not 11% or 67hp

four stokes follow linearity- not exponential like two stroke power

#1speedbump
12-03-2005, 11:02 PM
So what i am seeing and reading is that the Dasa pipe is not gaining as much as has been stated by Dan. Any ideas why? Gary mentioned that his PC made the same amount of power, could this be. On my build the Dasa pipe easily outflowed my PC on Dans dyno. Could that be due to my PC still being corked and not run in the unlimited form?

chad502ex
12-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by #1speedbump
So what i am seeing and reading is that the Dasa pipe is not gaining as much as has been stated by Dan. Any ideas why? Gary mentioned that his PC made the same amount of power, could this be. On my build the Dasa pipe easily outflowed my PC on Dans dyno. Could that be due to my PC still being corked and not run in the unlimited form?

From what I saw is that Gary's 550 made 1hp peak and more top from peak to limit with the DASA pipe than the PC, but less on the bottom end from peak than the PC. Mobile dyno has the plots to post on this for proof, but I'm real sure of this since I was the computer operator for the day.

Not a big difference in power, but the DASA EX is built extremely well and costs a lot less too.

Surprise too only 1 hp difference, but the pull from the DASA from peak to limit was the biggest advantage over PC.

Come to think of it, the DASA gains vs the PC looked similiar to the DASA vs. Sparks gains I posted above on the 530R.

hope this helps.

370kingR
12-04-2005, 05:24 AM
I thought this was a very important graph :D

370kingR
12-04-2005, 05:27 AM
No Doubt Jim (the father) and Chad (the mother) of this 9.5:1 compression 530 should be extremly pleased with the power output of that motor. Very nice work gentlemen ;)

TURBO-530R
12-04-2005, 05:52 AM
No Doubt Jim (the father) and Chad (the mother) of this 9.5:1 compression 530 should be extremly pleased with the power output of that motor. Very nice work gentlemen ;)

LMFAO HA HA HA HA HA

That was a good got ya pic.:D

Mobile Dyno
12-04-2005, 05:55 AM
LMAO!!!:D Nice pic chad...hahahahahaha

wppracing
12-04-2005, 05:59 AM
That takes the cake.........

chad502ex
12-04-2005, 07:56 AM
I knew he was taking the shot so i made a face and he snapped it. Love it! I told Gary to delete it. Gary said no way!

LOL

chad502ex
12-04-2005, 07:57 AM

You crack me up!

wppracing
12-04-2005, 08:10 AM
Chad, That looks like the face you made when your engine went boooooom. :D :D

chad502ex
12-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by wppracing
Chad, That looks like the face you made when your engine went boooooom. :D :D

No that face was yesterday in shock from the 550 not getting 67hp as claimed.... doh!

come to think of it, I do make that surprised face just about every time I'm in that dyno trailer. Just like jim says, a mixed bag of feelings yesterday.

I read someone inviting mixxer to the next party. Who was the dumbarse that did that? just kidding. I'd party.

chad502ex
12-04-2005, 08:51 AM
as promised, video for everyone's liking of Gary's 550R and the issue that he was having.

The movie file is about 5MB.

the file will be uploaded on my site, since I have no permissions to upload movies here.

http://www.chad502ex.com

chad502ex
12-04-2005, 09:48 AM
or direct link

http://www.chad502ex.com/media/370kingR_550R.wmv

Kilabanshee
12-04-2005, 10:21 AM
I like the hair Chad.. The facial expression is classic though....

Jonas
12-04-2005, 10:23 AM
For us weekenders do you have a plot of the stock 04-05 and 06 on the same graph in your database?

Kilabanshee
12-04-2005, 10:32 AM
On the 04'-05' TRX I got 34-35hp. On the 06' I'm getting 38-39hp. Quoted from Mobile Dyno;)

370kingR
12-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Chad, that is so cool bro. It makes me feel like im still there dynoing...lol

My wife gets to see AND hear what the hell we're doing over there. Motors sure do take a beating on the dyno, you can just hear it!

chad502ex
12-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Chad, that is so cool bro. It makes me feel like im still there dynoing...lol

My wife gets to see AND hear what the hell we're doing over there. Motors sure do take a beating on the dyno, you can just hear it!

Glad you like it Gary.

Prey
12-04-2005, 01:04 PM
hey matt, i had forgot my gas can and funnel with your generator when i left last night........ did ya happen to grab it for me??

wppracing
12-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Its in the trailer, Can and funnel.

Prey
12-04-2005, 01:31 PM
how do you work it matt,

do you set up somewhere every weekend?

i would like to get my 04 450 on the dyno, also i would like to put my yosh exhaust back on my pred and open the airbox to see what numbers it will make then.

hopefully i will have the 06 motor work done too so i can get that on the dyno and see what that will do

wppracing
12-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Send Matt a PM or call him and see what you can set up. I have a quad I need to get dialed in also. I think I can say that I am done testing mine and its time to just ride it.

Mobile Dyno
12-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Yep I have your can and funnel in the trailer. I do alot of local testing and then go when the big events are up or we plan something. We can plan another Dyno Day if you want? I'll send you a pm with my #.

370kingR
12-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Prey
how do you work it matt,

do you set up somewhere every weekend?

i would like to get my 04 450 on the dyno, also i would like to put my yosh exhaust back on my pred and open the airbox to see what numbers it will make then.

hopefully i will have the 06 motor work done too so i can get that on the dyno and see what that will do

Prey, i bet that predetor will crack well into the 50 hp mark with a pipe and an opened up intake.

Get that 06 up to par with a nice meaty cam/piston/pipe. Man you got too many quads.

Nice meetin you and your buddy. So you guys can drop a cam in now right :D If not we shall hold class again sometime.

XCRACER26
12-04-2005, 03:32 PM
do you think you can get the 06 450er with a hrc kit on the dyno?

Prey
12-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Prey, i bet that predetor will crack well into the 50 hp mark with a pipe and an opened up intake.

Get that 06 up to par with a nice meaty cam/piston/pipe. Man you got too many quads.

Nice meetin you and your buddy. So you guys can drop a cam in now right :D If not we shall hold class again sometime.

hey man..... great meeting you and the other guys...........your about a funny SOB........you had us laughing........

thanks for the tutorial, it was pretty cool watching the "20 minute cam change"

we will need another class or 10 before we can drop in one like that

that 06 WILL BE up to par shortly, and i am with ya on the pred, i bet it pushes over 50 too

we will have to go ride sometime, meet maybe in delaware or something like that:D

chad502ex
12-05-2005, 06:30 AM
Gary the cam king.

nice ring to it too.

370kingR
12-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Prey
hey man..... great meeting you and the other guys...........your about a funny SOB........you had us laughing........

thanks for the tutorial, it was pretty cool watching the "20 minute cam change"

we will need another class or 10 before we can drop in one like that

that 06 WILL BE up to par shortly, and i am with ya on the pred, i bet it pushes over 50 too

we will have to go ride sometime, meet maybe in delaware or something like that:D

Absolutly. I was saying that to Brian about getting together to ride. We need a spot that we can camp out and ride for a day or two. That would be great.

Id like to bring all you guys up to my sand box. Great campimg and a good amount of sand trails. The Jersey pine barrens.

kgbg
12-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Can it be determined what gains the Dasa pipe, intake, or portwork were worth?
Are we calling it a bad dyno day or bad results, or just not as good of results as we wanted?
Don't get me wrong, I want it to be true too.
I just do not see the 10 hp port job, and the 3 hp intake or the 3 hp pipe that was advertised?!?!?!?!

370kingR
12-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by kgbg
Can it be determined what gains the Dasa pipe, intake, or portwork were worth?
Are we calling it a bad dyno day or bad results, or just not as good of results as we wanted?
Don't get me wrong, I want it to be true too.
I just do not see the 10 hp port job, and the 3 hp intake or the 3 hp pipe that was advertised?!?!?!?!

Thus far, you are absolutly right. No doubt inflated numbers that niether myself, chad, matt, or jim have yet to see. No 10 hp more with a port job. Aint happinin. The pipe isnt going to make 7 ft lbs more torque, no way.....

He may be making good power with his mods and should get credit for that, its just never a good thing to tell people your going to get x amount more power over something else when its just not true....

#1speedbump
12-05-2005, 04:58 PM
I am so glad these results came about. Not that I didnt want the claims to be true, but if they are in fact Inflated, this dyno day will save all of us alot of money.

I will be dynoing my Dasa built 480 very soon and thanks to Gary I will have access to his Dasa pipe and will also be comparing it to my PC, hopefully in all three modes. This will gives us all one more clarification on what his pipe does.

chad502ex
12-05-2005, 05:18 PM
I agree with Gary that we just have yet to see the advertised.

Howerver, I do beleive in the gains of ~3hp more than anything I can buy, so; I can't buy/do any better with porting so that's where my money is going...

Allow me to say it differently:
Until someone else can prove they are getting over 60hp with their heads then please show me and we'll all another choice- otherwise, again that's where I'm spending my money cause frankly who else can generate the power that Gary and Jim did with slipped clutch and all....:rolleyes:

370kingR
12-05-2005, 06:10 PM
I agree with Gary that we just have yet to see the advertised.

Howerver, I do beleive in the gains of ~3hp more than anything I can buy, so; I can't buy/do any better with porting so that's where my money is going...

Allow me to say it differently:
Until someone else can prove they are getting over 60hp with their heads then please show me and we'll all another choice- otherwise, again that's where I'm spending my money cause frankly who else can generate the power that Gary and Jim did with slipped clutch and all....:rolleyes:

Chad, you are totally right and make a great point there. IMO, the pipe is not yet refined and will be different in the coming months.

His port work is top notch, it may not give you an extra 10 horse but it will perform quite well with a modest 3-5 horse gain. I like the intake for sure. Again, probably not 3 horse but if you get 1.5 horse, i say thats a pretty good gain.

We are relentless and will find the truth no matter how long it takes thats for sure.

slickta
12-05-2005, 06:28 PM
King, what main jet are you running? Do you have one of Dan's carbs?

kgbg
12-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Agreed.
I think that the main thing, Gary hit on the head with , was that one should not advertise a number of a HP gain, unless he wants to eat his words. Someone will find a dyno that will debunk the claims.

370kingR
12-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by slickta
King, what main jet are you running? Do you have one of Dan's carbs?

Slickta,

We had a 230 in there and it ran great. When i get everything worked out it will be somewhere between a 210 and 230. That is with the MR9 oxy fuel remember. It is one of Dan's moddified FCR carbs.

chad502ex
12-05-2005, 08:18 PM
i don't recall reading that the claimed would be measured on all dynos, but only on his own.

kgbg
12-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Ummm, OK.

#1speedbump
12-06-2005, 11:31 AM
i don't recall reading that the claimed would be measured on all dynos, but only on his own.

Thats a bit goofy there Chad. " My pipe will make 4HP more than the PC, but only on my own Dyno" IF it makes more power than it should show on EVERY dyno.

chad502ex
12-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by #1speedbump
My pipe will make 4HP more than the PC, but only on my own Dyno" IF it makes more power than it should show on EVERY dyno.

correction! Dan's dyno is a "Loaded" mustang dyno, and Mobile Matt's dyno is free-wheel. Clearly a different dyno.

my only point was that I think Dan posted dynos as measured on his own dyno; so, assuming that the gains would be comparable or the same on all dynos is what i don't think he was trying to convey

chad502ex
12-06-2005, 12:00 PM
sorry i had to "correct" my last post from "true" to "correction".

true with measuring more than PC. Last Saturday we saw a one hp top end increase over the PC, but about 1 hp loss in the low end response,.