PDA

View Full Version : need to know about atc conversion kit

prp89
11-22-2005, 01:16 PM
yea i have a 1982 atc 250r that is very scary to ride in the woods because it is so tippy. i need to know if they still make a conversion kit that converts the atc frame in to a 4 wheeled chassis?
basicaly i need to know if there is one and if some one has one to spare or sell

ZeroLogic
11-22-2005, 05:39 PM
i never knew they made thoses i dont think they do now too

deathman53
11-24-2005, 01:52 PM
don't convert them, sell it to someone who wants and rides trikes. the conversion kits cost more than $1300, way more than the trike is worth and a converted trike is competely worthless and handle and ride like crap.

Rip_Tear
11-24-2005, 02:59 PM
A couple of options for you:

all you need is a 250R ATV Frame, A-arms, shocks etc

You can sell the ATC parts keep the motor etc and go from there, or try and find someone who wants the ATC and get an ATV.

deathman53
11-24-2005, 03:16 PM
a 82 250r is a aircooled engine, totally different than the quad motors, the major problem is the chainis on the right side. 85 and 86 atc's uses the same motors as the quads. I'd say youir options are : sell the bike, or learn to ride it. since you stated you did woods riding a extended axle isn't a option. to ride the most out of an atc you really need to lean into the turns and turn it with the rear wheels. Atc's aren't for everybody to ride, I personally love mine and I don't let many people ride them either, only two or three of my friends have the respect for the machine to safely ride it. If you ride it like a quad, you will get hurt.