11-22-2005, 10:49 AM
How can I keep powder coated metal pieces from rusting.I know

keeping them clean helps but what else??WD40?? Im talking

A-arms
Swinger
Frame
SHock coils
ect..

Ive always seen lil rust spots popping up and I dont like that.

Thanks for the help anyone who replies!

TheFontMaster
11-22-2005, 02:54 PM
There are 2 basic ways that you will get rust. The first if you get a scratch or chip in the paint/ P/C and air gets to bare steel that will start to rust. And the second way is if the metal was rusted before, and was never totaly removed then re painted, in time the rust will come back. With that said, if you get a chip or scratch in the paint, touching it up will help with the rusting. Keeping it clean aslo is a big thing. I dont know if you can use automotive wax on Powdercoat or not. i don't see why you couldn't, and that would be another layer of protection.

Pappy
11-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
There are 2 basic ways that you will get rust. The first if you get a scratch or chip in the paint/ P/C and air gets to bare steel that will start to rust. And the second way is if the metal was rusted before, and was never totaly removed then re painted, in time the rust will come back. With that said, if you get a chip or scratch in the paint, touching it up will help with the rusting. Keeping it clean aslo is a big thing. I dont know if you can use automotive wax on Powdercoat or not. i don't see why you couldn't, and that would be another layer of protection.

i couldnt reply much better, and i can only add that yes, you can use wax on pc.