PDA

View Full Version : Wich city/state has more racers?

brazilian rider
11-22-2005, 07:23 AM
Hello,

As some of you know I'm from Brazil.

I want to move to the states next year to race cause here in Brazil the quad scenary does not exist and I have a few questions:

I want to know where can I find more action, races and trails and atv entusiastics so I can ride and practice with those guys.

Is there a lot of quad shops where I can work? I heard that americans do their own maintenance? (here there is only one and they pay really bad, something like $5/hour)

It is hard to find a job in a quad shop or something related to atv's, maybe a dealer or something?

Do you guys think I can live and race just by working in a shop or maybe in a fast food?

I'm graduating in business here too, maybe I could find a job in a company related to that. How hard it is for a non american to get a job like that?

This is my dream, I go to bed and I wake up thinking of that, any help would be great!

ps: just for you to know I'm 21.

KWAD GAWD
11-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Expecting to work at fast food and pay for living and racing, is not possible.
Fast food will pay you maybe $7-8 dollars/hour. Working at a bike shop is probably the same. On a given weekend of racing - you'll be looking to spend about $200-400 depending on how far you drive and if you get a hotel. I'd say you'll need to be making at least $16-18 bucks/hour not to mention you'll need to have a reliable truck and trailer and money to put gas in it and spend while traveling.
Where would you live? Apartments with garages are at least $600/month?
Plus bike parts, maintenance, health insurance - hell, if you're riding 3 times a week you better have it!!

The best areas for riding and racing are Pennsylvania, Kentucky or Ohio.

BlasterEaten250
11-22-2005, 08:54 AM
I would say pennsylvania.

FourFiftyFour
11-22-2005, 09:38 AM
in the Houston, TX area we have a quad only mx racing association..the STQRA (South Texas Quad Racing Association) we have had up to 100 riders in our races and the association keeps growing each year. www.rageatv.com for more details

In the Dallas, TX area they have a similar race association that is a little bigger called the TQRA www.tqra.com

Also in Tx they have a cross country series... www.atvccs.com They have a West and East division

Texas isnt so bad...riding all year long...woohoo all you suckers having to shovel snow :blah: :D

Mxjunkie
11-22-2005, 10:05 AM
PA has about the most pros, its not uncommon to go to a district 6 race and see chris borich out there tearing it up, Matt Smiley now and then, Dustin wimmer races d-6, I belive John Natalie did or does, Traci Cecco and I belive Rick, Chris borich's dad races as well

distirct 6 I would say has some of the best riders out there along with maybe 2 other districts, In the dirtbike world Jason Lawenrce who raced district 6 is now racing in the pro class 125

thats only off hand :p

Robin Hood
11-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
PA has about the most pros, its not uncommon to go to a district 6 race and see chris borich out there tearing it up, Matt Smiley now and then, Dustin wimmer races d-6, I belive John Natalie did or does, Traci Cecco and I belive Rick, Chris borich's dad races as well

distirct 6 I would say has some of the best riders out there along with maybe 2 other districts, In the dirtbike world Jason Lawenrce who raced district 6 is now racing in the pro class 125

thats only off hand :p

What about Sir Dunk? :confused:

brazilian rider
11-22-2005, 03:41 PM
What about California?

KWAD GAWD you said about travelling to race. Is is like this in all U.S? Are there lots of local races or do I have to go on a trip everytime?

Cause I wanted to race in my local area or something like that.

Thanks for the help!

trx400exxracer
11-22-2005, 03:52 PM
on the west coast California

On the east coast PA

yamablaster24
11-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Ohio or PA

Jason Luburgh and Tim Farr are from Oh, but we actually have are own district called CRa in OH and PA. Its different from the districts and pretty tight. But you better like snow.

bradley300
11-23-2005, 08:48 AM
in KY, locl races are usually 2 to 4 hours away, nationals are 2 to 15 hours away. either way your going to do lots of traveling. I make 18 an hour and struggle to get to all the races. it gets expensive once you figure in gas to races, maintanance on your quad,modifactions quad payment, (if you have one) entry fee's, food. not to mention everyday living exspenses like rent, car payment, and insurance that you need to make before you have money to race

quadrcr161
11-23-2005, 09:21 AM
there is always birmingham alabama, price of living isnt too bad and we have a great local atv only series. plus there will be 3 nationals pretty close and also espn series races pretty close if it gets going. plus the sequad series has a great rider turn out and plenty of classes.

Mxjunkie
11-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
What about Sir Dunk? :confused:

I thought I said him too, he rides ats Rausch alot