PDA

View Full Version : what 50 to buy

skyeryder
11-22-2005, 12:26 AM
What 50 is a good base to purchase that has lots of aftermarket parts??? Is the new ltz50 4 stroker gonna be a good little race quad??? Need some help deciding what to buy my boy thanks

wentzracing
11-22-2005, 12:45 AM
:) My SON IS 7YR OLD HE HAS BEEN RACING SINCE 2003
HE IS NATIONAL #1st &#2tt 2003 He now races for Kymco
2004 nal #1 & #3 at local races he has won all races around
50 ? not sure but close.ON HIS KYMCO.
2005 NAL #1 EXTREME DIRT TRACK . KYMCO WILL HAVE SOME
AWESOME RACING PARTS FOR 2006 HE HAS 70cc and it is very
fast and its not all done .

wentzracing
11-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Oh,50cc &70cc 2stroke will be good for a few more years.

Pappy
11-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Kasea Skyhawk 50

proven to be reliable and very quick when modified.

ATV Father
11-22-2005, 07:05 AM
I went with Dinli because of all the aftermarket parts available.

See available aftermarket parts and pics of race quads here (http://www.maximumrpm.com/)

mxdad
11-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Unless you are going to dump a ton of money on a Cobra or HSI I would go with the DRX http://www.drrinc.com/2005_atv.htm They are 40" wide stock. Plenty of parts available and they are fast!!! When the ATVA made the new Limited Class rules for 2006 they based them on the DRX's spec's. Check out this guy for the Cobra or the DRX. http://www.koolkidzatv.com/

Arctic Cat Dad
11-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Are you gonna race it or play with it? Do you wanna build it or buy it already built. Do you wanna blow alot of money or just get buy? The question is like asking who makes the best truck Ford or Chevy?

My son has been racing an Arctic Cat mini for 2 years now. This kid has put this quad thru Heck and back and it keeps kicking butt. If I were to buy a new mini it would be another Cat or the Kasea! Aftermarket parts are easy to find and very good in quality.

The Cat runs race after race with very little work and still is a wicked little quad!

People don't believe me but this quad in an 04. It has over 45 XC races,12 MX races 3 nights of Dirt Drags, and well over 300 hrs of HARD XC practice. Now here is the kicker. The engine has never been split. The engine is all original inside. Gears,bearings, clutch, clutch belt,main bearings have NEVER been touched .It still has the stock Arctic Cat CVT Belt! Now if that isn't reliable then what is. The only thing I have done to this quad engine wise is put a new piston in half way thru the racing season.

Other then tire rods and bushings (which is common maintenance on a mini) that is all I have done!

This is just my 2 cents you may see differ!:cool:

skyeryder
11-23-2005, 11:36 AM
I appreciate all the help yeah what I want is something he can ride for a couple of months and Dad can sink alittle in too each month until hes ready to race it. I have looked at the Artic Cat and it fits him pretty good some of the Taiwan ones the foot pegs or boards are too far of reach, that was another reason I like the Suzuki but I don't see many people race the 50

miniracer
11-24-2005, 07:45 AM
I must agree with Artic Cat Dad. We raced a Artic Cat 50 this year
in the gnc held up very well.The only changes made were on the clutch and tires and rims. These quads have a lot of getup and go.

QuadJunkies
11-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Eton or Kasea. We have an Eton 50 now modded .Never had issues and has lways been a SUPER mini :)

stevensracing13
11-30-2005, 06:53 AM
i would go with cobra if you have the money, drx is a decent bike, we run a kasea 50,we are in the process of putting dual a-arms ,swingarm,pipe ect. we will see if it will run wiith the cobra soon.many aftermarket parts for kasea and drx,cobra comes race ready, call pittman racing (270)-753-8366 ,they sell all 3 atvs,they are very nice do deal with and will help with motor work and stock most any aftermarket part. pittmanracingmx.com, call and talk to them they will help and give you best advice.

stpz-400
11-30-2005, 09:34 AM
I have to agree with Wentzracing on this one. My son races a Kymco Mongoose 50 locally here in NY, and it is a strong running quad. We purchased his new this past February, and I have done nothing to it other than the usual maintanance. He finished 5th overall at Freedom Raceway, and 2nd overall at Batavia. This is a fast quad with a good fit. His quad is totally stock, and this was his first year racing. Looking forward to next year.