PDA

View Full Version : iPod Video Help

BradB
11-21-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey all, I'm not sure if any of you guys know anything about Ipods or not, but I just bought one of the new Ipod videos,and so did my cousin. I got some songs to load onto mine wihtout any problem, but my cousins has been a nightmare, and now mine acts the same way when I plug it in. It will stay connected for about 30 seconds, then it disconnects and you can't see it on Itunes, then after about another 30 seconds, it reconnects.. It always shuts off before you can get anything loaded onto it! does anyone know what might be causing this? It is still connected to the computer, its just like the computer quits recognising the USB port for a few seconds.. I've tried every USB port in my computer..

ridered11
11-22-2005, 07:13 AM
happend to my regular ipod, you have to update all of your software. first get latest version of itunes then update your ipod using itunes.

this happens because they software they installed on if when it was made, isn't the version or vise versa

hope this helps

BradB
11-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Ok, I tried that, and I downloaded the iTunes 6.01 setup, and i start the setup,and it works for a few seconds, then i get an error that says:

"Windows cannot find 'iTunesSetup.exe'. Make sure you typed the name in correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."

Any idea what could be causing THAT? thanks for the help.

Titanium
11-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Make sure u click on the download for your operating system.

ridered11
11-22-2005, 06:26 PM
yeah i think it's the wrong one

BradB
11-22-2005, 06:42 PM
ok, so i got v 6.01 of iTunes,and it still does it :( lol this is getting frustrating!

How do you update the iPod using iTunes?

Literally as soon as i hit "OK" when it asks me the name of my iPod or whatever, it disconnects again..

EDIT: Nevermind, I think its a problem with the Ipod,because mine works fine with my computer now, its just my cousins that wont work..

Thanks for the help guys