PDA

View Full Version : hotcam and valves?

jeremy_283
11-21-2005, 08:25 PM
I heard installing a stage 1 hotcam without porting will burn up your valves?..... is this true?

Chino886
11-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by extremejrowe
I heard installing a stage 1 hotcam without porting will burn up your valves?..... is this true?

no, stop letting that guy fill you will you know what....

Chino886
11-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
no, stop letting that guy fill you will you know what....

who is this guy that is telling you all this stuff?

jeremy_283
11-21-2005, 08:42 PM
one of my riding buddies father. everything i see tells me he is wrong. all he told me is the valves will burn up. so im questioning most of the whole upper engine with cam and mods. but i have figured out now that i am getting a cam. i dont wanna wave around the fact that he doesnt know much though scince his kid has a track in his front yard and i ride with his son every now and then. im 15 by the way i think ive ridin everything with wheels to besides a dune buggy...... a little off topic but thats me

Chino886
11-21-2005, 08:44 PM
one of my riding buddies father. everything i see tells me he is wrong. all he told me is the valves will burn up. so im questioning most of the whole upper engine with cam and mods. but i have figured out now that i am getting a cam. i dont wanna wave around the fact that he doesnt know much though scince his kid has a track in his front yard and i ride with his son every now and then. im 15 by the way i think ive ridin everything with wheels to besides a dune buggy...... a little off topic but thats me

I have a Stage II hotcam and my valves are fine. I have a lot of other stuff too.

400exrules
11-21-2005, 08:47 PM

dont worry about any of that BS he tells ya, witha hotcam all you need to do , is put it in, and pull out the dec. plunger and spring....and thats it.......nothing else.....except of course break in and stuff.

DAVE14
11-21-2005, 09:27 PM
stage 3 hotcam no problems the hotcams are heat treated to the same hardness as your rockers , so if there in good shape its a drop in deal .