PDA

View Full Version : Best parts for mx racing...

QFreak300ex
11-21-2005, 06:16 PM
What are the best parts for a 300ex if i plan on racing mx but still being able to go trail riding and hill climbing

212racing
12-03-2005, 04:02 AM
big balls
the size of elephants

JRP
12-03-2005, 07:35 AM
suspension, nerfs, and a teather kill switch

QFreak300ex
12-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by 212racing
big balls
the size of elephants

elephants aint got anythin on me :devil: but i mean what parts should i get first, what makes biggest improvment

blasteracer24
12-03-2005, 08:15 PM
how long have you been riding? from some of your posts it seems like your new. Racin right off th ebat isnt the greatest idea for you and it can hurt other riders. but you need nefrs and a tether but then i would get suspension before motor mods.

QFreak300ex
12-04-2005, 10:17 AM
i rode when i was little and stopped and now ive been riding for the past 3 years, ijust started wnting to race and practicing last summer but im askin questions just so i dont f*** anythin up. im short on cash and i know that the people on here have the products andhave a lil more knowledge then me (although i am pretty knoledgable.)

hardkoratvmxr
12-04-2005, 05:34 PM
suspension is the first thing you should do

for a-arms get gdh lt +3 they comewith tierods and brakelines i believe

for suspension get 400ex length elkas with however many adjustments you want

QFreak300ex
12-06-2005, 02:33 PM
thx lots

JRDrider22
12-06-2005, 04:10 PM
If your short on cash, don't worry about the race cut plastics, or the grab bar and the little stuff in your signature. Get the stuff that you think will make you faster. A lot of your time comes out of turns. Some +2's will work nice. An axle will keep you wide and you have a less chance of rolling out of a turn. Ive raced a full sesaon without a K&N or a precharger. I had nothing wrong with my stock one and I've still managed to win races.

STEVENJANNA
12-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Jrd is right. The most important thing on a tight budget is handling. As far as suspension goes since your a novice race Works shocks will get you by your 1st season (you won't spend alot,chances are you won't use them to there limits and most important you can get through a season and decide if you really want to race). There are plenty ofplaces to get used parts to at a reasonable price. Another important item is tires, rims aren't as important as your choice of rubber. As far as your motor goes cheap mods, jetkit, get rid of the airbox lid. You can also play with sprocket sizes for more out of corner acceleration. If you can out handle your opponet you've already beaten them.

trx400exxracer
12-06-2005, 07:53 PM
I would probably get shocks, nerf bars, tether swich, tires, rear beadlocks, keep stock front wheels, pipe, uni air filter, and a larger main jet if needed

trx400exxracer
12-06-2005, 07:54 PM
I would probably get shocks, nerf bars, tether swich, tires, rear beadlocks, keep stock front wheels, pipe, uni air filter, and a larger main jet if needed, asv clutch lever

ohh yeah and fat bars and pad

and of course protective gear

400exrules
12-06-2005, 10:46 PM
if ur planning on doing any serious trail riding later, im not sure how your trails are, but i wouldnt recommend making it any wider...stock width is too wide sometimes on the trails i ride, but im on a 400ex