PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Rincon TRX680 ( New Toy Review)

MarylandATVcom
11-21-2005, 05:35 PM
I use to own a Rincon when it first came out and enjoyed the ride, But Power was lacking when compared to the v-twin for my style of riding, so I jumped ship to a Prairie700.

Well, I'm back on board!!

When compared to some of the other utility machines. The Rincon still wont be the fastest in a straight line, But with the transmission changes, a little bump in HP and EFI the 06 is VERY Snappy!

When riding with a King Quad, Brute Force750, 650, and a 650 Rinny this weekend I was very impressed and seemed to just about own 0 to 40 mph or the first 100 feet. Even allowing some to get the jump and still being quicker and its not broke in yet. Even those it looks the same when comparing it with the old Rincon, Handling, Steering, Braking and Speed has improved And It ain't the same machine!

I haven't really has a chance to compare it to my modded P700 and I'm sure my Prairie is a little faster, But may not be quicker off the line? I also think in the ruff, tight conditions I'll be able to throw the Rinny around better and it just might be a better XC racer?

As far as engine breaking on this machine The Honda Trans will Never offer what you'll get from a belt drive, But with the change in gearing and EFI the Rinny seems to offer much better down shifting and what you wont get from the trans the new disc brakes allowed you to stop on a dine.

For me just like any stock quad I've ridden, If your going to race it or just wanna improve ride quality even more? Elka's are needed. There was a bit of front end dive and side to side body roll. Al those right off the showroom floor handling and suspension is VERY good and better then any other IRS machine I have ridden.

After riding a good bit of Mixed Pa. terrain this weekend my body feels great! I really like this machine and plan to race in the last race of the season in the Atlantic Grand Prix Dec. 18!? Al those I'm still recovering from major surgery so I'm not 100% sure yet? but that's the plan!-LOL!

For those that want Bigger and Bigger motors? I think Honda decided not to get into that game and instead refine and improve on what they already have? Like the 250-R, EX-400, TRX-450R and other machines that Honda has proved to be the best over time and you really dont need a gaint motor to do that, The Rincon might just be following suit?

~coop

02-25-2006, 10:25 PM
nice review

400exc
02-26-2006, 09:47 AM
i cant wait to test one out! but great write up....... how fast did it top out at?

RIDER11X
02-26-2006, 06:32 PM
How did handling and ride quality compare to the P700?

YFZRob
02-27-2006, 07:24 PM
I'd really like to know your opinion on the P700 comparison for handling. I just bought a Rincon 680 as my first utility quad and I love it. BUT, I have nothing to compare it to, and am now in the market for another quad. I don't really want two Rincons, but will do that if need be. The only other two I'm considering is a P700 or KQ700. It's gotten to the point that I just need someone to tell me what to buy :rolleyes:. I am considering racing one of them soon on some hare scrambles here in Florida, so high speed handling and power are the biggest factors. I'm not looking to go swiming with either one, but I have already enjoyed a little mud riding on the Rincon, so that's not something out of the question on either. Any suggestions you can provide will be much appreciated.

02-27-2006, 09:29 PM
JUST SAY NO TO POLARIS!!

get a yamaha grizzly next

cycole
03-07-2006, 06:46 AM
King Quad

400exc
03-12-2006, 06:13 PM
i will be also riding one soon, and ill tell you guys what i like and dislike about it. Maybe it will be my next quad?