PDA

View Full Version : 330 and pipe

fast raptor
11-21-2005, 05:06 PM
my friend was wondering what the best pipe for a 300ex is. also is a 330 kit worth it.

ZeroLogic
11-21-2005, 05:34 PM
sparks

and if you want the extra power its a must

MX300ex
11-21-2005, 05:48 PM
id go with the hmf and a white bros header..

the reason i dont say sparks is because i saw a pipe shootout for the 450 and the hmf came first and the sparks was last..but that was for a 450 so it might be diff

fast raptor
11-21-2005, 06:47 PM
my friend does not have too much money so the best pipe for the buck would be best

bwamos
11-23-2005, 09:30 AM
The Sparks and TC pipes are by far the best pipes for the 300ex.

It's different for every model. You don't look at the instantaneous peak HP either, you want to look at the entire power curve, including torque.

Peak HP is nothing more than a number if it has less HP and torque in the other 90% of the rpm range. ;)

If your budy is short on cash.. get an HMF slipon. Then add a headpipe later (a big boost).

kyleschonert
11-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Ive only owned a DG Krome Power before my Sparks, and the Sparks is ALOT nicer. Sounds mean as hell to. My friend has an HMF and White Brothers header on his, and im pretty sure mine is faster. And we both have them at 330's. But the hmf sounds good to. Id go with the sparks. And its cheaper than the w/b header and hmf silencer.

Honda TRX250ex
11-23-2005, 06:18 PM
go with a HMF slip on its onl like 220 off of ebay and a 330 kit is worth it if you race or if you do really fast riding

QFreak300ex
11-24-2005, 09:17 PM
yoshi-not worth the cash but sweet pipe
hmf-$190 on chaparralmotorsports.com, worth the money and best pipe for the price out there.
sparks-good but uh not $300-400 worth good.

Seano300ex
11-27-2005, 07:04 PM
I got my hmf pipe of ebay brand new with the jet and airfilter for $225 and its great and the 330 kit is probally one of the best things you can do for power

bwamos
11-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
go with a HMF slip on its onl like 220 off of ebay and a 330 kit is worth it if you race or if you do really fast riding

Stock header? lol.

You REALLY REALLY need an aftermarket header on a 330ex.

I still say go with the Sparks X-4 for the 330ex. That's what I run. It's a no contest in my book. It's also cheaper than most slip-on + header combos.

chapmanmd
11-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Not to argue with the experts, but alot of it should come down to what type of riding you are doing and what other mods are done to the machine. Woods riders, TT riders, drag racers, and MX riders all need different power delivery. Just like gearing...

If all you have is an open airbox and a filter, with NO head work or hotter cam, a full aftermarket exhaust isnt going to get you much over a stock header and a good slip on. In my humble opinion of course.

Also in my humble opinion, I dont see the point in going with the 330 kit without a cam, head work, and FULL aftermarket exhaust.

Do what makes you happy bro. Its your money.

BTW, I LOVE my Yoshi pipe on the 330ex WITH headwork.

:chinese:

Honda TRX250ex
11-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Stock header? lol.

You REALLY REALLY need an aftermarket header on a 330ex.

I still say go with the Sparks X-4 for the 330ex. That's what I run. It's a no contest in my book. It's also cheaper than most slip-on + header combos.
i didnt see that he said it was a stock header?:huh

bwamos
11-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by chapmanmd
Not to argue with the experts, but alot of it should come down to what type of riding you are doing and what other mods are done to the machine. Woods riders, TT riders, drag racers, and MX riders all need different power delivery. Just like gearing...

If all you have is an open airbox and a filter, with NO head work or hotter cam, a full aftermarket exhaust isnt going to get you much over a stock header and a good slip on. In my humble opinion of course.

Also in my humble opinion, I dont see the point in going with the 330 kit without a cam and head work.

Do what makes you happy bro. Its your money.

BTW, I LOVE my Yoshi pipe on the 330ex WITH headwork.

:chinese:

Agree. Headwork and a Cam are a must. There's mroe to a 330 than just a sleeve and piston. A 330 without headwork and a cam will actuall run worse than a 297. The restriction on the intake wont give you much more power than a 297, but it will also rev slower because of the heavier piston. You'll have a slug.

Be prepared to spend about $1700 if you want to do a 330 right.

Also to the poster right above, he didnt say he didn't have a header I just assumed he had a stock pipe. If he already had an aftermarket header and slip-on, why would he be looking for the same thing? If he already has one (unless it's cobra), he's probably good to go. If not, he needs the entire pipe from engine exhaust port to tip. Sparks is my favorite for a 330. Yoshi and WB-E full are both excelent choices as well.

Sparks has a few differnt options. The headpipes are all high rev pipes, so you really need a rev limit increase to use them. I tuned mine for more top end power since the 300ex was never short on torque in the 1500-4000rpm range. I basically kept the bottom end the same, while increasing my top end HP by almost 2x over stock. I'd reccomend the Spark Arested Version w/ disks. I have the turndown style. It's nice, but VERY loud, and the tip extends about 1-1/2" past the grab bar. I modified mine by shortening the can and core up 2" to give it a 1/2" clearance incase I sit it on the grab bar by accident, or for maintenance/washing.

redlineranger
11-28-2005, 03:17 PM
i like the pro circuit t4 my self, i was gonna buy one before i decided to put mine up for sell.... i would say the T4, sparks, or hmf/wb, one of the 3

I also recomend a +1000 rev box for your 300 cus the stock limiters blow, they redline at like 7 somthin i think...... also take ur airbox lid off and rejet(get a different filter to if you already havent), that would be a really strong 300ex right there.. u probably already know all of this but im just tryin to help as much as i can;)