PDA

View Full Version : I think I might have got water in my engine

09-25-2001, 03:12 PM
Today. I was just wheelying in the woods behind my house. And I went back to far and hit the grab bar. And my supertrapp ids2 silencer was fill with dirt. And I know im gonna sound like and idiot for doing this but I took a hose and sprayed the dirt out. I thought I could do this because I always got water in my silencer. Than it wouldnt start and is sounded like there was water somwhere while it was trying to start. So I took the silencer off hopin that I would just be able to dump the water out but no luck. So I stook it up on the grab bar to let the water out nothing would come out. So I put the silencer back on and the quad started right up. While I was revving it though alot of water was coming out where the silencer and the header meets. It sounded fine though. I took it around and It was running better than ever. So my question is am I hurting anything even though it seems fine or am I in good shape. Thanks and sorry for this long post.

trx400ex
09-25-2001, 03:57 PM
you should be okay..

09-25-2001, 04:04 PM
Ok thanks alot man. That makes me feel alot better. ( I know it sounds like im being sarcastic but im serious) But thanks again.

4punksdad
09-25-2001, 05:30 PM
the 1st thing you should do is check your oil..........if water got past the rings & into the engine, your oil will be a milky white or grey color. If that is the case, change the oil right away. Check & change the oil several times if thats what it takes.

09-25-2001, 05:54 PM
Thanks alot guys

MikeL250X
09-26-2001, 08:34 AM
just curious, where did you think the dirt was going to go once you sprayed it with the hose? it could only go on direction, BACK towards the engine, next time just spend the time and take the end off the pipe and clean it manually..

09-26-2001, 03:28 PM
No man im not a retard. It has a spark arrestor or something that blocks all that stuff. Sorry Pal. You should of read what exhaust I had.

dam...