PDA

View Full Version : 06 with hot camII

ocoast2005
11-20-2005, 10:08 PM
thanks to all the advise i got from guys here .got the hotcamstgII
instaled on my 06 trx 450 and couldn;t be happier.
great all around power increase and i can lug the quad around without any problems in 2nd gear on tight trails ..
havent realy got a chance to open it up all the way but power was tremendous from idle to top end . never did get over 4th gear though.
quick drag race on sand against a yfz450 and pred 500 .
even with the pred. yfz got me by 1 quad lenght.. but he has a full yosh and i,m still running stock filter and pipe..
i haven't tried an 06 with the hrc kit but if i did it all over again i'd pick the hotcam suites my riding style better.

11-20-2005, 10:56 PM
you think the htocams great now? you need a full exhaust and you will see some real power!!!!!!!!! uncork that thing, that stock exhaust is killing you

Transplant2
11-21-2005, 01:22 AM
Agreed...uncork it and unleash the monster. Than I would like to see the hotcams vs the hrc cam. Matter of fact I was just at Horsefall this morning. Perfect weather...eh! :D

ocoast2005
11-21-2005, 10:09 AM
ya it was nice all weekend nice today too almost tempted to close shop and go ride.lol
i do plan on puting a full system on white brothers alum pro euro version.the rep said 1 more week before there out.
this way i can run the quiet core from an e2 on busy weekends and not get a ticket.
i am curious too how it will do against the hrc 06. i think hrc will take it on top but not sure.. iam a big guy and weigh 240 so i need all the help towards the bottom and middle of the power band. iwas running with the lid cut and 162 main and needle from 04 fcr with EFR taper. also put in 48 pilot and boysen quick shot and had the quiet core out. if any one interested bypassing the saftey switch by the carb had no effect on performance.
i do need to dial in the carb it takes a while to start cold or hot.

RedRacer44
11-21-2005, 10:09 AM
I also got my '06 back this past friday from JH Racing with Stage2 HotCam and Toyko Mods jet kit installed! Power is awesome right off the bottom end and it just keeps pulling. With the new jetting, throttle response is even better and it just flat out rips. I'm also running the Sparks Big Core w/ no lid by the way....also have the "CDI Wire Mod" done so i'm reving to 10,800 rpms.

This bike feels faster right now than my '04 did with JE 13:1 hi-comp piston, Stage2 Hotcam, Dyno Jet kit, and Sparks Big Core. It definitely pulls better in the upper RPMs w/ the raised rev limiter.

I did a "GP" style race this weekend (part XC/part MX) at Cooperland Raceway in Stillwater, Oklahoma. There was 2 big wide open field sections where I was clicking 4th and 5th gear....WOW, this thing just keeps pulling! Coming outta corners on the MX track was a breeze, just lay on the gas and brraaapp...easily clearing all the jumps that were right out of corners.

I managed to finish 4th in the A-class, I feel I could of done better if I was in better shape for XC type racing. It was an hour and half long race on a 3-mile course....I completed 12 laps and i'm still sore today :D Not used to that stuff, heh....i think i'll stick to MX!

Anyways, Stage2 HotCam is a very good choice and cant be beat for the price in my opinion. I'm very anxious to get the bike on the dyno......if and when I get the chance!

RedRacer44
11-21-2005, 10:12 AM
ocoast2005, I also am having a few starting issues when its COLD...i think my pilot (48) is just a tad too fat. I'm gonna go down to a 45 and see if that helps. I almost killed my battery trying to start it yesterday :mad: I've got it on a battery tender now....see what happens this weekend at the Claremore ArenaCross race....

ocoast2005
11-21-2005, 11:06 AM
right on congrats on your finish good job.
when i first put the cam in it wouldn't start at all so i had to readjust the comp release clearance. i am not sure if i got it right i added the exahuste valve clearance (l side) to .25 mm ended up with .52 on decompresoor. i put in an adjustable mixture screw and been playing with it to get it to start ok seemed towardes the end of the day it was strting better.figured i'll readjust the valves after 20 hrs or so .
do you know what size main you ended up with?
i'm thinking of trying the applied racing kit for the breather tee for 19$ . chek it out its listed for the crf but should work great on the trx imo.

ocoast2005
11-21-2005, 11:15 AM
here is a link to the review on the kit

http://crfsonly.com/reviews/applied-racing-crank-vent/ar-450r-crankcase-vent-review.php

RedRacer44
11-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Mine fires off fine once you get it initially started. I think my battery went south from sitting in a cold shop for 3 weeks w/out being started. I'm running a 175 main right now, 170 was too lean for me....wasnt getting enough fuel at WOT.

I dont know, we're gonna toy with it some....i think its partially a weak battery and jetting issues. Just have to see what happens this week.....

ocoast2005
11-21-2005, 02:10 PM
i think battery too i had to charge mine a few times already just doesn't seem to crank fast enough at times. i'll measure the dimensions and see if can find one with more cca from yuasa cataloge

Dave400ex
11-21-2005, 03:48 PM
What is different with the Toyko Mods jetting compared to anything else?

Also I know Pappy has all ready looked for the same size battery with more CCA, he didn't find one...