PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock install

ccole400EX
06-23-2002, 05:49 PM
I installed the Quicksilver carb on my 400ex and i have to say it was a breeze. I was worried about this carb from what most people say on this forum but it took only 2 hours from start to finish to install and ride the quad. You do have to cut the air tube of a little and you have to ground out your stock thumb throttle so the carb can open fully but both are not hard at all. After installing the carb i turn the metering nob 12 from full rich and primed the accelerator pump by hitting the trottle a few times. After this it was time to start her up and had no problems there. She fired right up and idled. I let the quad warm up for a bit then took her for a ride. It seems to work great. I turned the nob 2 more clicks to the rich side and you could tell a big difference on the bottom. The trottle responce is awsome. I took it for a spin down the street really seems like it has more power form top to bottom. I can't wait to compare it to the quads i ride with to see what it did for my quad. The carb is easy to install and adjust. Thanks for your time.

worm
06-23-2002, 06:40 PM
cool glad to here ...im orderig mine fo the raptor july 8th when they come out