PDA

View Full Version : atv sport

gsxr68
11-20-2005, 07:54 PM
What did you think of Doud Gust comments on the LTZ soaking up a jump better than his race bike. I thought that it is him and some corporate a?? kissing. How does he think that we are suppose to believe that stock suspension can work as good as what the pos are using.

stc416rider
11-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by gsxr68
What did you think of Doud Gust comments on the LTZ soaking up a jump better than his race bike. I thought that it is him and some corporate a?? kissing. How does he think that we are suppose to believe that stock suspension can work as good as what the pos are using.

i dont think hes kissing it

its suppose to be sooo smooth

ill_lil_romey
11-22-2005, 03:33 PM
I read that interview in atvsport today. I also wondered if it was a little corporate butter up, but I believe doug. He did not exactly say that it was better than his race suspension in all aspects, as a matter of fact he didn't even really go into detail about it. He just said there was one particular jump at Washougoul that was harsh on his race bike, but the stock Z450 suspension soaked it up smooth. He said the motor was very strong also. Ive been honda loyal for more than 14 years but asap I will have a quadracer 450 in my trailer!

ThumPIN_450R
11-23-2005, 11:48 AM
I think he was making it up becuase I've ridden at washougal and there should be no jumps that are rough on his race bike. That track is all naturall terrain with one big table and it's only 45 feet long. If nothing on that track is rough on my bike I would pray to high heaven that his factory zuk can handle it or they got some serious issues.

Tater450R
11-25-2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
I think he was making it up becuase I've ridden at washougal and there should be no jumps that are rough on his race bike. That track is all naturall terrain with one big table and it's only 45 feet long. If nothing on that track is rough on my bike I would pray to high heaven that his factory zuk can handle it or they got some serious issues.

But are you riding at Washougal AS FAST as he does? Probably not or you would be the one in that article. A nice easy jump for you might probably give the Pros some serious air.

I'm not doubting your local knowledge of Washington tracks. But I'd believe The Digger if he says something gives him trouble.

ThumPIN_450R
11-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Tater450R
But are you riding at Washougal AS FAST as he does? Probably not or you would be the one in that article. A nice easy jump for you might probably give the Pros some serious air.

I'm not doubting your local knowledge of Washington tracks. But I'd believe The Digger if he says something gives him trouble.

Yes I am as fast as digger...... but seriously there is no jump on that track that should tax any pro's suspension

Cindi
11-25-2005, 03:37 PM

He was NOT making it up. And the jump he was talking about was in Japan. The bike he tested was a preproduction model and he said he could not beleive how great the stock suspension was.
This is the reason why Doug will not come onto these forums and say anything. I have asked and he said why bother people will just say that I am saying this becuase of Suzuki. They will find out when the bike comes out. Doug will not and has not said anything that is not what he beleives. You can beleive him or not he is the one that has tested and ridden the bike and he is the one that knows all about the bike.

He did ride at Washougal to shoot a commercial on the new bike and this is where the confusion is coming from. The jump was in Japan not Washougal. This is how all these rumors get started.

TWISTED
11-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Yes I am as fast as digger...... but seriously there is no jump on that track that should tax any pro's suspension

If you're that fast, an I'm not saying you aren't, what's your PRO #????? Cause if you're that fast, you must be racing the Nationals..... Cindi, when will the commercial air????

ThumPIN_450R
11-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
If you're that fast, an I'm not saying you aren't, what's your PRO #????? Cause if you're that fast, you must be racing the Nationals..... Cindi, when will the commercial air????

I was joking I'm not even fast enough to be a local pro yet. I'm just a top washington A-class rider and probably not about to be anything more.

ThumPIN_450R
11-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Cindi
He was NOT making it up. And the jump he was talking about was in Japan. The bike he tested was a preproduction model and he said he could not beleive how great the stock suspension was.
This is the reason why Doug will not come onto these forums and say anything. I have asked and he said why bother people will just say that I am saying this becuase of Suzuki. They will find out when the bike comes out. Doug will not and has not said anything that is not what he beleives. You can beleive him or not he is the one that has tested and ridden the bike and he is the one that knows all about the bike.

He did ride at Washougal to shoot a commercial on the new bike and this is where the confusion is coming from. The jump was in Japan not Washougal. This is how all these rumors get started.

thank you for clearing that up it has made me sleep easier knowing the pro suspension isn't that bad :D

popo
11-26-2005, 07:37 AM
thank you for clearing that up it has made me sleep easier knowing the pro suspension isn't that bad :D

Than maybe you should have kept your mouth shut in the 1st place.

ThumPIN_450R
11-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by popo
Than maybe you should have kept your mouth shut in the 1st place.

Maybe you should quit being such a hard ***. I apologize for making a mistake but I was just letting people know what we all THOUGHT he said and what I know of washougal which is where every body THOUGHT this was until cindi cleared it up for us. I like the new suzuki and if I don't get a CRF it will probably be my next quad.

mxquadracer
11-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Cindi

Now this is upsetting^...a man that I would be thrilled to hear from, refuses to even talk because people on these forums can't stop being *******s long enough to listen.

Thanks to all the critics who ruin things like these for those of us who would like to hear the honest truth...may be time to start thinking of the effects your words will have before you speak them.

Cindi, if you could get Doug to comment - I really would appreciate it. Maybe the children can bite their tongue's for once.