PDA

View Full Version : Tecate

QuadRacer18
11-20-2005, 07:19 PM
I might be buying a tecate. Can i please have some info about these quads. they arent that popular. I will be racing MX, would this be a good quad for mx, where are places i could get parts for them... thanks and please give me your input.

Butters
11-20-2005, 07:49 PM
from what i hear they are super hard to find parts for. i wouldn't think it would be worth to race, but it would be cool to have.

TheFontMaster
11-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Butters
from what i hear they are super hard to find parts for. i wouldn't think it would be worth to race, but it would be cool to have.

I hear the same things. They are one of the more rare quads out there. For parts, my first thoughts would be to check out the companys that make top of the line parts, Walsh, LSR, Ohlins has been around a while they might make shocks. If I were you I wouldn't get too into racing the tecate just for the fact that if you brake something it could be hard to find and expensive to replace.

Hondadudeehhhh
11-20-2005, 08:19 PM
get a 250r. tecates are very expensive and hard to find parts for. If you want something rare build a goofy hybrid

cheetah
11-20-2005, 10:31 PM
I've got one that I'm rebuilding and yes parts are murderous to find. Some things you just have to get lucky on ebay for. I think Hermann makes arms for them if you decide to do that. In my opinion, if you want to race find something else. You will be kicking yourself when you need to do routine maintenance and simply can't find what you need.

Mxjunkie
11-20-2005, 10:47 PM
I'd only get one to have to resell when the value goes up on them, they are rare as hell I've only seen 1 in real life, fun bikes to ride lol

Race the banshee, I see your in district 6, I'll be racing with you next season

what track do you race at?

11-20-2005, 11:10 PM
some guy on here built a sick one himself. he built the aarms and all kinds of stuff. i forget his name but you should talk toi him, perhaps he'll post here

wilkin250r
11-21-2005, 11:02 AM
For all the reasons stated previously, I wouldn't race MX with a Tecate.

MX racing is hard on your machine. It breaks stuff, and that stuff is going to be a nightmare to replace. Plus, for the same price and a lot less hassle, you could be racing a 250r and find all the parts you ever need.

I would do a Tecate dune machine in a heartbeat, the dunes aren't nearly as abusive. But not MX. The routine maintenance and upkeep will drive you bonkers.