PDA

View Full Version : rear brake light

DAVE14
11-20-2005, 06:25 PM
I have a 02 440 ex & a lot of the newer bikes have rear brake lights now & ya normally dont need one too much but sometimes during quick agressive trail ridin its good to know when somebody is stopping or slowing down /avoiding little bumps or near misses what Ide like to know is what kit , or company can you pop in a dual prong bulb into your stock tail light lens & have the switch activated by prefrerably the rear brake pedal its a pretty simple mod that would greatly save your a*** or somebody elses any bone done this please let me know.

11-21-2005, 06:28 AM
i have a brake light on my 2000 400ex...activated by both the foot brake and front hand brake...got it off ebay froma sell that goes by okpowersports...he has them on there all the time and it works great...

Trevor
11-21-2005, 06:59 AM
What all do you need ?

11-21-2005, 07:14 AM
mine has 2 extra bulbs that i had to cut holes for in my tail light housing...this was easier than trying to wire a switch onto the stock light...anyway all you need is some wire a switch(2 of you want the front brakes to light it) and a bulb or 2...i have one of his first ones which uses a mechanical switch connected to the foot pedal...now he uses a hydraulic switch that replaces the bajo bolt at the caliper for the rear...his front switch is mechanical and is activated by the lever...

JOEX
11-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Just got mine set up with a brake light. I used banjo bolt switches and a 450r LED brake light. The bolts replace the stock bolts on the master cylinders and have two wires coming from them, one for power and the other goes to the brake light. You will have to bleed the brakes after doing this. I put them in when I switched to SS lines;)

I have heard you can use the stock neutral safety switch that is mounted on the stock clutch lever. You'll need to thread an existing hole on the front brake lever. There is also a mechanical switch from another bike that can be used for the rear brake pedal.

DAVE14
11-24-2005, 10:37 PM
thanks for the info I think Im gonna take the ok powersports route should be easier than fabbing up something I really hate screwing with wiring !