PDA

View Full Version : atv boots

400exrider26
11-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Im not sure were i should put this thread so i put it in here because whenever i ask questions in the 400ex thread i get good information usually very quickly... i need some boots for my feet when riding my 400ex... i wore my regular work boots and after some good riding over a period of time the peg made a hole in the bottom of my boot... also when i traded bikes with some of my friends with dirtbikes-i would have to kick the bikes over and when i kick started thier bikes (big high compression dirtbikes) my arch and heel hurt badly because my boots dont have very much protection underneath for kicking the bike over (bottom i think is to thin) So i was thinking i could use some moto-x racing boots... i heard the boots also give u protection for your ankles... so i need to know some good brands and pairs of boots for atv riding... i also heard there are speacial boots for atv rding that are diffrent from moto-x boots? something not to expensive that will last me and be waterproof and last a while through tough terrain... or my atv pegs!

trx400exxracer
11-20-2005, 04:41 PM
I would get A.R.C. boots from
www.rockymountainatv.com

if not arc I would get alpinestars

miller821
11-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I have boots that are camo and fully waterproof, and unlike regular mx boots they arent very stiff. I got mine from gander mt. and i love em, for the price of only $70 at the most there sweet, and good for other stuff instead of riding to.

400exrider26
11-21-2005, 03:59 AM
should i get moto-x boots or the atv ones? whats the diffrence between like a moto-x boot made for atv or just a moto-x boot? does ur heel ever get caught on the peg witrh those kinds of boots? do they give you good grip? here are some i found specially for atvs- the Arc Corona atv boots, the Alpinestars Tech 4 ATV Boots, the Four 06 VRX ATV Boots, Thor 06 Quadrant ATV Boots. check them out at www.rockymountainatv.com

miller821
11-21-2005, 06:34 AM
You should maybe think about what i said earlier about the boots that i have, but any boot you get is goin to give u good grip and protection, so its just preference of whichever u like.

reichart90
11-21-2005, 06:35 AM
i know they have more of a boot type of sole... i think thats the only difference - the traction of the soles

but i could be wrong

anybody else know anything?

Colby@C&DRacing
11-21-2005, 08:32 AM
boots will all depend on how much you want to spend.. There is a differece in quality that goes with the price but I think the best bang for the buck for under $130 is the Thor quadrant boot. If you want to spend around $230 I would suggest the Tech 6 alpinestar. The quadrant does offer a ATV sole has a little more lug and has more of a work boot tread.

Rdhanded2
11-21-2005, 09:03 AM
I had the Thor quadrant and didn't like the feel. Probably just me, but I am picky. I have the A.R.C. ones from Rockymountain and they are nice, and really cheap. Also, make sure you get socks with your boots are you will rub your legs raw.

04TRX400EX
11-21-2005, 04:55 PM
I have some Oneal Element boots right now that you can get from almost anywhere for $90-100. They are ok, they fit well and are fairly comfortable once broken in. They're not holding up too well though- the steel toe is coming apart and the buckles aren't too high quality among other things. I definately agree that you get what you pay for. I plan on getting a pair of Alpinestar Tech6 boots in the spring. Almost anyone you talk to will say to get Aplinestars since they're apparently a great boot. It's also important to wear a higher sock that will come up almost knee high so you boots don't kill your legs. I wear Fox Coolmax socks. The cotton/whatever material is designed so that you don't sweat to death wearing high socks. They have good padding too.

priebo15
11-21-2005, 04:59 PM
i have thor quadrants..and they're great.

400exrider26
11-21-2005, 05:00 PM
what boots are more confortable and easier to shift in?

Rdhanded2
11-23-2005, 04:45 PM
you are going to have to try them on and see. Go to a local shop, try them on and throw a leg over a quad. You will be able to see whick feels the bast.

trx400exxracer
11-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by reichart90
i know they have more of a boot type of sole... i think thats the only difference - the traction of the soles

but i could be wrong

anybody else know anything?

your right the soles are different

Wandell
11-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Right. ATV boots have a tread similar to work boots. I ordered a set of Oneal Elements the other day from EBay. There is a seller on there that buys Oneal's returns and sells them. We'll see how they work out.

smokinwrench
11-23-2005, 09:40 PM
I wear Thor T30's. They are very comfortable and seem to be holding up very well.

No matter what boot you get you will probalby have to move your shifter up and you will hate them the first few hours you wear them. They will be hot uncomfortable and you will miss many shifts.

400exrider26
11-24-2005, 07:06 AM
you get use to them right? Does everyone usually have to move the shifter up???

smokinwrench
11-24-2005, 07:33 AM
Yes, you will get to the point that you feel much safer with them on. I can jump lots further with boots on because it doesn't hurt my feet when I land.

Wandell
11-24-2005, 12:16 PM
Good point!:D

csimp3
11-24-2005, 03:12 PM
i saved up and bought some alpinestars tech-6's and there awesome

250xridamatt
11-24-2005, 08:39 PM
When you try them on, you will just have to realize they wont be very comfortable. The reason for boots is to protect your ankle and foot. It is extremely stiff in some areas as to help prevent ankle breaks. Now a nicer boot will be stiff when you first get them, but after wearing them around for a while, they will be a lot more comfortable. I dont suggest buying a workboot. Definately get motocross boots. I really dont see a whole lot of need for the atv sole, my mx sole is fine. I love my tech 6's. I would go with the thor quarants over the ARC boots though. Boots are kind of like helmets. Dont go for something really cheaply made.

FoxRacing81
11-25-2005, 09:55 AM
I wear Gaerne's. They pretty old, but have held up fairly well and are very comfortable.

My friend loves them over his old Thor's because he said they we're way to heavy and he couldn't do like heelclickers or anything in them because they we're so heavy.

wallaby_kid
11-26-2005, 09:35 AM
id defiantely go for apinestar vectors,they are the most comfortable boots in the west, and so supportive for atving, the shop that i bought them from,the bloke who helped me choose the boots said that when he broke his anke, he wore the vectors all through the shop and house because it gave him soo much support, and also in huevos 4 (i think :ermm: ) Dana is wearing a pair, which makes it even better :D

go for them man!! :macho :blah:

MAD450r
11-26-2005, 10:20 AM
I still wear the boots I got with my first 1985 atc 200x. I love them but this past summer I broke one of the plastic parts of the buckles. They use to be replaceable but now I cant seem to find them. :(

I hope someone know's where I can find them cause I love these boots. Not sure who made them for honda but they are honda boots.

400exrider26
11-30-2005, 03:11 PM
so what would everyone go for... regular moto-x soles for the boots or the atv soles?

Elyk
11-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Here are some boots-

http://www.motoworldracing.com/motocross-apparel-boots.html

bullet3z
11-30-2005, 08:18 PM
You need to get a pair of MX boots. I have a pair of regular AXO MX treaded boots and have never had a problem with them when riding quads. They will be stiff at first but ALL boots will break in after riding and walking in them. You will get used to riding with them on after about an hour. There are a bunch of great boots out there. The Alpinestars are the best but the most expensise, not worth the money to me. The Thors are nice in either tread. Just go get a dirt bike mag and check out all the boots that are made.

Oh, try them on first, they don't all run true to size.

I could never understand why anyone would ride without MX gear on.