PDA

View Full Version : Satelite Radio

Andrew400ex
11-20-2005, 03:39 PM
I'm thinkin about getting satelite radio for my car and had a couple questions..Anybody have it? How do you like it? What's the difference between XM and Sirius and which do u prefer? If i have a head unit that is xm or sirius ready, does that mean i have to buy another radio for the satelite radio? Which products do u recommend? thanks..

250xridamatt
11-20-2005, 06:02 PM
I love my Sirius radio! We have it in our truck, my dads car, on our tv, and I have the boombox, so I can take it out of the truck, and put it in the shop or my room. It is awesome. I never listen to the local radio anymore. I have no reason to. And Im not so sure about your car's radio, maybe there is somwhere where you can read about it. We have the removable unit in our truck. But my dad has it built into his car with the navigation system that came in it.

stc416rider
11-20-2005, 06:04 PM
idk my dad is gettin it once stern comes on sattelite

babyboy
11-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Xm or sirius? depend want you want to listen to, xm is signed with NBL, sirius is signed with NFL. xm has 60 commercial free channels, but is contracted programming like clearchannel, sirius has only 30 commercial free channel but has all in-house programming.. xm- 9.99mo. sirius-12.99mo.

I had XM in a previous vehicle, it was pretty sweet..

If you stero is XM or sirius ready, you don't need another radio but you would need to buy the tuner and antenna for it to work..

Quad18star
11-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Two of my buddies have Sirius Sat. ... one runs it in his everyday car , the other runs it in his transport and his truck . Both of them really enjoy it .... I'm thinking of getting one also ... a lot better than the 2 radio stations we have here in town that play more commercials than music . :grr:

Honda4trax250x
11-20-2005, 09:20 PM
I love my Sirius radio.... I have a friend who bought a new Silverado that came with free XM and he hates it

11-21-2005, 06:05 AM
i have both...sirius radio through dish network(tv) and xm in both my wife's car and my truck....sirius blows...they are the same price now, both 12.99...but with xm, you can listen to it on your computer for free, plus they have a family deal where receivers 2-5 are only 6.99 per month...most of xm's stations are in house also...there are only about 2 or 3 of the music stations that are not in house...i don't listen to that type of music anyway so i never listen to them...the only reason to get sirius is because of stern and i don't like the guy...he IS NOT funny...Phil Hendrie is hilarious as are opie and anthony, which all of those guys are on xm...not sirius...

chal23
11-21-2005, 08:34 AM
I have Sirius and love it, pay $12.99/mo. You can listen on the internet for free with an account and radio's 2-5 are only 6.99 just like XM.

I think that XM has better hardware (Cooler radios) but Sirius is catching up to them real fast. I bought the boombox so I can have a radio anywhere, I love it.

quadrcr161
11-21-2005, 09:29 AM
i just picked up XM last night, seems pretty cool so far.